X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macarthur area

OK all,

I moved into the Macarthur area of Sydney last November

Just wondering how many Snobs are in or around the area?

Im looking at planning the odd get together in the coming months.
    All snobs will be invited whether you live in the Macarthur area or not

Just looking at a heads up at the moment, lets know!!!!

Regards,

Warren.

PS; Happy New Year   ;D

Re: Macarthur area

Hi Warren, Im only novice Snob, but I am here in Menangle, under Razorback, with my Ebay-sourced gear, and no more Sylvania beans left... struggling by with Vittoria from the supermarket, "Best before 22/02/11" so you know its good. Im hoping that the Coffee Barun hasnt gone on holidays for too long, because Im hanging out for my "pending" order.

We need a good source of beans around here, Warren! Im much too impatient for mail order ;-)

See ya,
    LBBB
    ps, and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Comment

Hi LBB,
      You must be loving the ShVittoria >, I hope you can get some fresh beans very soon

Im planning the odd get together (monthly or bi-monthly), where we can talk cars, sport, coffee etc. Have a bite to eat, drink coffee :, do some roasting and play with different machines/grinders

So at this stage, Im trying to get a feel as to how many CSs there are in the general area and how many may turn up

Also the offer is to any CSs from outside the general area to come along as well, as I have a large outside covered area for get to gethers (11m x 5,5m)

Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by 736877746F6873070 link=1262415937/2#2 date=1262512120

where we can talk cars, sport, coffee etc.

Wot?? >

No bike talk?? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 424A525845210 link=1262415937/3#3 date=1262515503
          Wot??

No bike talk??  
          That was part of the "etc"

Comment

Hi there Warren. Im just over the hills (the ones Lee lives under ;D) from you. Would love to catch up.

Viviane isnt too far away (Southern Highlands), Im not sure of too many others.

Originally posted by 5C75755252100 link=1262415937/1#1 date=1262432555
            no more Sylvania beans left... struggling by with Vittoria from the supermarket
            Im with you on Denniss beans, Lee - theyre hard to beat, but Vittoria!!??? I know there arent any retailers of quality around here, perhaps another sponsor while Dens on holidays? Andys very quick getting Brown Bay beans out via Express Post. Maybe its about time you got into home roasting?

Anyway, itd be good to have a local get together.

Comment

Hi Warren,
              Im in Wattle Grove so quite close and I already travel down to Narellan once or so a month for a beer forum get together, whats another for coffee!

Comment

Im in the Macarthur area most weekends..

Anyone know of a good coffee place in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by 5B585A5154585757390 link=1262415937/7#7 date=1263244039
                  Anyone know of a good coffee place in the area?
                  Er... sorry, no. :-[

If youre over in Picton, theres my place : or r. coffee co. (small Melbourne style cafe in the main street). Ryan really knows how to make a very good coffee, unfortunately hes held back a bit by his beans at present. As for the Campbelltown area, a coffee wasteland, in my experience.

Comment

Thanks for the interest so far.

I hope to get something organised early to mid February at this stage, as soon as I have a firm date Ill let you all know and PM my address to all who respond.

I should have the new toys for all to have a play with

Hopefully some different roasters (hints for some others) to see in operation as well.

Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by 78637C7F6463780C0 link=1262415937/9#9 date=1263295356

Hopefully some different roasters (hints for some others) to see in operation as well.

Warren.
                      Huh?? :

Comment

How does Sunday the 14th in the afternoon sound?

PM me if you think you can come along, bring your roaster for a bit of fun. ( I live in Currans Hill )

Also let me know if you would like to see one of the new Behmor roaters in action and I can have one displayed for you.

Warren.

PS. I should have the new Izzo DuettoII for a look and a play ;D

Comment

Hi Warren,  Im about 45mins away in Oatley.  I could bring a Gene Cafe and a mypressi twist (latest toy that I picked up from Dennis last Sat!)

I could also bring some green beans and maybe LeeBB can take home a lolly bag  ;D

Will need to confirm that date with the wife, but I should be free!

Cheers,
                          David

Comment

Im down in Wollongong and although I am usually very busy I would love to be a part of snobs events when I can.

Would travel to Macarthur area when the days suit.

Comment

Thanks GregJW for throwing my name in there, Im most definitely a starter.

Nothing very interesting to bring unless someone wants to see a rock bottom basic heatgun and whisk roasting setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X