INTERESTING VID...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTERESTING VID...

When I first saw it... No banners... so had no idea where it was leading...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8_nrEmj2hw[/media]

Re: INTERESTING VID...

not nec convinced by the content but excellent production values!

Comment

AM can you PM me the title please, stoopid iPhone........ps cute avatar mate!

Comment

Originally posted by 0A0E283131342B3C335D0 link=1263023640/2#2 date=1263028266
        AM can you PM me the title please, stoopid iPhone........ps cute avatar mate!
        WORLD FAIR TRADE ORGANIZATION: COFFEE OR COCAINE?

Let me guess ya got a JailBroken i-phone... BRICK IT

Avatar...  I can not get it to change..  Either a standard icon or  me getting a beating..

Upload a new one in the right format and size and always reverts to the same one  

Sorry... OT

Comment

RE: AMs Avatar...

Holo correct? Red vs Blue?

Does this mean your a gamer AM?

P.S. Nice vid

Comment

Originally posted by 033A242A10084F0 link=1263023640/4#4 date=1263099937
            RE: AMs Avatar...

Holo correct? Red vs Blue?

Does this mean your a gamer AM?

P.S. Nice vid
            Yep, TOG & AGB. Clans.... BF1942 & DC

Comment

Awesome video, will be passing this on

Comment

Its too bad they dont pay the farmers as they imply in the vid and would clearly like to have you believe. They pay a middle man who may or may not pass the money along to the actual farmers.

Java "Can you say marketing ploy boys and girls? I knew you could!" phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Most times the growers form a co op to process and sell the coffee.

They then need a decent representative to sell the coffee at a decent price in order to cut the "middle man" out and have more of that money for them selfs.

I think the biggest problem is that the trading price for coffee is set in the US by people that only have interest in prifit$.

UNFAIR TRADING if you ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by 1C253B350F17500 link=1263023640/8#8 date=1263151219
                    Most times the growers form a co op to process and sell the coffee.

FLO will only certify cooperatives, not individual farmers. That is where cooperatives sprung up from.

Comment

[split] [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1253756834/33#33][splithere][/link][splithere_end]

Comment

Originally posted by 6C647C766B0F0 link=1263023640/10#10 date=1263194666
                        FLO will only certify cooperatives, not individual farmers. That is where cooperatives sprung up from.
                        I did not know that cksyd..thanks

Does the FTO only govern the selling price or are they responsable for workers conditions and pay also?

Comment

Dunno too much Luke

That bit of info came from God in a Cup which Im about half way through. Read that bit yesterday and raised my eyebrow as well...

Possibly governance of selling price is intended to do as you say, but as mentioned I only know a tiny amount.

Comment

Originally posted by 7C455B556F77300 link=1263023640/11#11 date=1263195686
                            Does the FTO only govern the selling price or are they responsable for workers conditions and pay also?  
                            Originally posted by 7A5146514058595C55300 link=1263023640/7#7 date=1263110519
                            Its too bad they dont pay the farmers as they imply in the vid and would clearly like to have you believe. They pay a middle man who may or may not pass the money along to the actual farmers.
                            FTOs agreement is with the middleman, not the farmers. What the middleman pays the farmers for the beans is determined by the middleman, not FTO. Notice that in all their ads they dont claim to pay the farmer more for their beans/products. They heavily imply it, but they never come right out and claim it. They know that if they did theyd get their a$$e$ sued off, and rightfully so!

IMO its all little more than a marketing ploy.

Java "Go FairCrack Go!" phile

Comment

Thanks Javaphile,

It is a huge labyrinth as G in a C touches on in small detail.

And that is just the coffee industry, not including FT and FLO  :

Comment

Working...
                              X