Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mt Tamborine Coffee Plantation - A day trip for snobs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt Tamborine Coffee Plantation - A day trip for snobs!

Hello all,
    Back in October last year, a few of us decided it wouldnt be a bad idea to do a day trip down to Tamborine Mountain to visit the Mt Tamborine Coffee Plantation run by Kees van Rijssen the original thread is here, i myself havent seen a working coffee plantation in the flesh, and i gotta say, im pretty keen im going to drop him an email to see what we can organise, but at this stage lets toss up some dates......any thoughts?

More info to follow..........

Cheers
    warren

(andy edited the pictures to much smaller JPG as BMP is too fat)

Re: Mt Tamborine Coffee Plantation - A day trip for snobs!

Id love to go, Warren - if we could make it for some time in late March onwards, though, that would be great for me.  Petes away in America for the next six weeks, so Im flying solo with the kids at the moment.

However, if everyone comes back and wants to make a date before that, Ill live with it... (*sigh* matyrdom is such a lonely beast!)  :

Cheers
    Di

Comment

There there Di, have a tissue and a lie down ;D get down off your burning pyre and have a coffee instead.

Give me a chance to check the footy schedules Warren, now the season has started I work a second job at the footy so want to make sure I have a day free. Plus I am going to probably need a lift if possible, my missus wont give up the car for a day for me to go visit A coffee plantation.

Comment

I caught up with teh NEW Kees (Had a hair cut) at teh Barista comp..

Nearly killed me in a Bear hug and stated it was good to catch up with another over the top mad CSs ;D

Count me in..

He has restricted hrs for many reasons and for me... Week days can be a pain..

But am happy to see what I can manage with some notice... The other option might be a CS special day... Plantation etc but not have his lovley wife working in teh kitchen etc..

Any way.. 2m of mulch, 1m of sandstone rocks and 300 bricks have arrived and I have to get some work done before my wife takes me out ?? Dont know what for

AM

Comment

Originally posted by 466177657D0E0 link=1265990932/1#1 date=1266010713
          if we could make it for some time in late March onwards
          nah i think youve missed out on enough brissie events Di!, so well make a tentative estimate of Mid to late march?....
          come to think of it, im pretty restricted for weekends myself in my current job, i can only make 14th March :-? so if you cant make that date itll have to be April sometime......

Originally posted by 636F6A7E676B7C7C6B3E380E0 link=1265990932/2#2 date=1266013928
          Give me a chance to check the footy schedules Warren
          How does this sit with you MP?

Originally posted by 4F60696B7C436F606F696B636B607A0E0 link=1265990932/3#3 date=1266017734
          Count me in..

He has restricted hrs for many reasons and for me... Week days can be a pain..
          No probs how does that date go for you mark?

A reminder that anyone and everyone is welcome, come and be a part of the CS community and meet some of the "personalities"(AM)lol ;D

cheers
          warren

ps i still have to call kees :

Comment

Hi Warren - thats exactly a week before Pete gets home (he gets back on the 21st)! :-[

You guys go, though, if the majority rules that that day works, and Ill just catch up at the next one.

Id still come and bring the kidlets, but Id spend so much time keeping an eye out for them that I wouldnt get full enjoyment out of the day like I would if I was alone, or Pete was with me to share some of the kiddie herding.

Otherwise, any time after the 21st is good for me and Id clear my calendar accordingly!

Cheers
            Di

Comment

Nooooo...shift change at work means weekends are out for me for the 6 to 8 weeks.

Mind if I join ya in the martyrdom pit there Di? ;D Can wallow in self pity, get a soft bellied shrink to diagnose me with depression, and fill to the gills with pills. Hey, Im a poet and I didnt even knoet. 8-)

May have to do a day trip down there one Tues or Wed once shift changes, if anyone wants to tag along.

Comment

Im keen to go - anytime - Ill make a plan to fit in with whatevers arranged.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by 072036243C4F0 link=1265990932/5#5 date=1266892970
                  he gets back on the 21st
                  Originally posted by 222E2B3F262A3D3D2A7F794F0 link=1265990932/6#6 date=1266901955
                  weekends are out for me
                  Originally posted by 0E21282A3D022E212E282A222A213B4F0 link=1265990932/3#3 date=1266017734
                  Week days can be a pain..
                  I am able to go through the week and MP i see you can too, Di? can you? AM are you able to squeeze a day at all?
                  Originally posted by 1C3F3D2621282D20244F0 link=1265990932/7#7 date=1266931309
                  Im keen to go - anytime
                  No worries mate, did we meet at the CS get together a couple of months ago?

I really would like to organise a day where we could all go, i dont mind waiting, itll be worth it, im doing shift type work at the moment 10 on 6 off, so whilst my sched is, well crap :.....i do know when im working

let me know guys

PS anyone else is very welcome, itll be a great day, you dont have to be the snobbiest snob on the forum, itll be an education for all!

cheers
                  warren

So far: looking at April id say.......
                  Wsully
                  AM
                  Madpierre
                  Di and hubby

Comment

Originally posted by 0602243D3D3827303F510 link=1265990932/8#8 date=1267005942
                    Originally posted by 072036243C4F0 link=1265990932/5#5 date=1266892970
                    he gets back on the 21st
                    Originally posted by 222E2B3F262A3D3D2A7F794F0 link=1265990932/6#6 date=1266901955
                    weekends are out for me
                    Originally posted by 0E21282A3D022E212E282A222A213B4F0 link=1265990932/3#3 date=1266017734
                    Week days can be a pain..
                    I am able to go through the week and MP i see you can too, Di? can you? AM are you able to squeeze a day at all?
                    Originally posted by 1C3F3D2621282D20244F0 link=1265990932/7#7 date=1266931309
                    Im keen to go - anytime

I really would like to organise a day where we could all go, i dont mind waiting, itll be worth it, im doing shift type work at the moment 10 on 6 off, so whilst my sched is, well crap :.....i do know when im working

let me know guys

PS anyone else is very welcome, itll be a great day, you dont have to be the snobbiest snob on the forum, itll be an education for all!

cheers
                    warren

So far: looking at April id say.......
                    Wsully
                    AM
                    Madpierre
                    Di and hubby
                    I am off to Morton Island from teh 15th April.. So that week is out.. Should be back on the 20th.. So in effect if a week day.. those two weeks are out for me.. Week 1 or 4 ;D

Comment

Thanks Warren - I could definitely get a week day off with a bit of notice - Id just take an annual leave day so its no real biggie there. Probably Pete couldnt be there if this was the case, though. Hed probably happily come along on a weekend, though, Id say and we can start educating the kids in Herbazu Horticulture!

Nothings planned at this stage for April at all on my side, so Im happy to work in with whatever there, so just pick a date and Ill make sure I clear our calendar accordingly (by hook or by crook!)

Phew, glad you were there in the burning pyre with me MP - my eyebrows were starting to get singed! ;D

Cheers
                      Di

Comment

I will keep you company warren
                        I have free days left right & centre
                        Unless Mrs Kosmo gives me a job to do

Originally posted by 0400263F3F3A25323D530 link=1265990932/8#8 date=1267005942
                        Springbok wrote on Today at 00:21:
                        Im keen to go - anytime

Yes we met Springbok
                        He brought that wonderful Biltong

KK

Comment

Yes I was there a few months ago - a great get together!

Ill bring the biltong again...

Comment

Depending on the date/time chosen - I would also be interested in coming along.

Graham

Comment

Depending on when it is and if I can get the day off work if its mid week or if I can negotiate with the family on the weekend Id like to come.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X