Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woolworths confirms coffee buyer probe

SMH item

Woolworths has confirmed it is working closely with police after an executive was arrested for alleged involvement in a secret kickback scheme.

Bill Harvey, the national buyer for coffee, tea and sugar for Woolworths, was arrested by police at the companys Bella Vista headquarters, in Sydneys northwest, on Friday.

He has been since been sacked from Woolworths.

Its alleged wholesalers have been forced to pay a 15 to 20 per cent "promotional surcharge" to have their products stocked in Woolworths.

Mr Harvey allegedly received a percentage of this money in cash from tea and coffee suppliers.

...etc...

Re: Woolworths confirms coffee buyer probe

lol, nice find

fair trade........

Comment

As I understand it companies are required to pay surcharges or extra costs to have their products displayed in the more visible thus profitable areas of shelving at the big 2 anyways......maybe he just took that principle a little further ;D

You only have to see where the woolies and coles branded lines are situated.

Comment

Crook!

Comment

Suprising how a couple of the other firings didnt make the news. I know of 2 BMs being fired for the same thing and one being moved to a different category. I shall say no more...

Comment

Working...
          X