Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee Course - Seeking interested people !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Course - Seeking interested people !!

OK, one of our sponsors has a Cert 1 & 2 Barista course which runs for 6 hours. Coffee School has a group booking available for 8 or more people.

Course details are as follows:
    Group Bookings - Private Classes - Team Building – Corporate Fun Day!

* We have double the machines and space than any other Coffee School
    * Coffee School is conveniently located in CBD Melbourne
    * Free Coffee Art Book & DVD
    * 6 Hour Barista & Coffee Art Course starts at $150pp for 8 people or more
    * Choose your own Date & Time
    * Includes prizes for Best Barista & Coffee Art

I ma looking for anyone that might be interest. Course normally costs $195pp.

If your interested put your name down here now and we can look at booking this for perhaps a Saturday session.

Interested:
    Marcel

Re: Coffee Course - Seeking interested people !!

I think you will find that all classes should allow you a group to work on. More 1 group or 1/2 as many 2 group machines = same same to me :

We also have some extraordinary competition baristi in David Makin- Makin Espresso and David Seng- The Espresso School. I am sure that each of them will provide a unique experience and they are very capable of taking you well beyond the next level. There are alternatives too.

Other options include The Coffee Academy where I used to teach in a past life and I have even heard of some dude with a shed in Northcote runs courses as well- though not for larger groups.

If I wanted to learn, I reckon Id give Dave Seng a go. Grand poobah Andy Freeman rated him [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. [smiley=thumbsup.gif].

Chris

Comment

Not sure its marketing hype Chris.....

Its one of this forums sponsors and I thought Id highlight some basic info.
      It just suits me that its held in the city, cost is reasonable etc....

Just wondering if anyone else would be interested in a group scene to keep costs down.

Comment

Thats a bit rich chris........its another sponsor!

Comment

Its just my opinion WSully...

I have tried Daves coffee many times and seen him work with groups. I like his stuff. If I wanted to train, Id choose to do my training with someone I know and respect and I make no apologies for that.

If you have 8 x one group machines, its the same as 4 x 2 group machines. I call that hype- and thats an opinion as well. I have no issues with the other stuff.

Nevertheless, tell us how it goes Bean. I am unsure that any CSer has written anything about the venue yet.

With my my qualified educators hat on, it seems rushed to me, but who am I to know :

Chris

Comment

ummmm so no one is interested then........??

Comment

Originally posted by 0A3B3A2D26272B4E0 link=1266920500/5#5 date=1267100672
              ummmm so no one is interested then........??
              you forgot to include a poll ....

Originally posted by 1A2F2225110D2128282B2B4E0 link=1266920500/4#4 date=1266926551
              With my my qualified educators hat on, it seems rushed to me, but who am I to know
              Ill put my semi-qualified corporate trainers hat on & voice the same concern. Cert I&II in 6 hours? I dont mean to cast nasturtiums but that seems awful quick.

If I was a melbournite Id be chasing down the same people as Talk Coffee mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by 272E352C272A224F0 link=1266920500/6#6 date=1267103855
                you forgot to include a poll ....
                get over it guys!, far out! done and dusted, everyone is here by choice, dont drive em away

Comment

Originally posted by 646D766F6469610C0 link=1266920500/6#6 date=1267103855
                  Ill put my semi-qualified corporate trainers hat on & voice the same concern. Cert I&II in 6 hours? I dont mean to cast nasturtiums but that seems awful quick.
                  I am assuming that is module one and two of the nationally accredited barista training course, which is done over 3 hours each. 3 + 3 = 6, I think we need to stop bashing the course and find out if anyone is actually interested, good on ya bean for having a go.

Comment

Thanks guys......appreciate the positive feedback..especially since thi s is new to me but Im also trying to do the right things by choosing a sponsor to do a course, just like I picked a sponsor from whom I purchased my Lelit.........

I just need a course that will teach me the basics for home only......I dont care about Certification........I have enough of them in my chosen career......
                    This course is simply to teach me the basics....nothing more

Gee Hazchem, your constant stupid comments regarding Polls are getting a bit boring now....!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7B4A4B5C57565A3F0 link=1266920500/9#9 date=1267188734
                      Gee Hazchem, your constant stupid comments regarding Polls are getting a bit boring now....!!
                      Do be fair Bean.
                      After all, you started it.  

Now with my auditor hat:

Evidence
                      Reviewing hazchems last 30 posts reveals the word "poll" 3 times.
                      Twice commenting in a negative fashion towards your posts and once praising Andy for starting a poll.

I think youve taken it a bit personally and hazchem probably should be a little more forgiving of a newb.

Suggestions
                      Both of you go to your rooms until you can play nicely together.

Comment

TG,

I was being fair.......but it has been about the 3rd or 4th post where it gets mentioned and is the same boring entry.....ill go to my room but I will be kicking and screaming from now on........

Especially after 6 coffees today and a bloody flu !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5A6B6A7D76777B1E0 link=1266920500/11#11 date=1267254058
                          but it has been about the 3rd or 4th post where it gets mentioned
                          Originally posted by 4A766B707A7B6C79717A1E0 link=1266920500/10#10 date=1267225940
                          Reviewing hazchems last 30 posts reveals the word "poll" 3 times.
                          Twice commenting in a negative fashion towards your posts and once praising Andy for starting a poll.
                          I only found two.

Comment

Well thats still too many then!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7B757877607677190 link=1266920500/8#8 date=1267161804
                              Originally posted by 646D766F6469610C0 link=1266920500/6#6 date=1267103855
                              I am assuming that is module one and two of the nationally accredited barista training course, which is done over 3 hours each. 3 + 3 = 6, I think we need to stop bashing the course and find out if anyone is actually interested.
                              good point moto, if thats how long the course is, thats how long it is. I would add that generally speaking, the only training I would consider investing in would be that offered by a CS sponsor.

I may have my own reasons for preferring one over another, but that doesnt de-value the training offered by any of the sponsors here. Like any business that takes up a sponsorship for this site, we can all have confidence in the quality of products and services that they offer.

good luck getting a group together.

Comment

Working...
                              X