Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

caffeine free for a week, can you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caffeine free for a week, can you do it?

well im attempting it.. day 1 today..

its proving hard then I thought it would be.. constant head ache.. my brain keeps thinking about coffee.. my mood is terrible :/

will tomorrow be better?

Re: caffeine free for a week, can you do it?

ive been forced to do it for 2 months.

it was a real torture..

Comment

You can do it yes (well unless you have a medical need for it I suppose). I have avoided it for 12 days so far, with 33 being my goal. I started lent a week late.

I got headaches, which surprised me as I am not a consumer of high amounts of coffee. My headaches lasted over a week. I have still been making coffee for people as well as roasting. It has screwed my social life over though, as I normally go every week to a place that only sells coffee.

Comment

I think NO is my answer. Well, unless those around me dont want to live. Especially at WORK!

Comment

Originally posted by 0D3C2F27293B3D4E0 link=1268023651/3#3 date=1268042977
          I think NO is my answer. Well, unless those around me dont want to live. Especially at WORK!
          Err I guess I could stoop to drinking Tea, if not allowed Coffee..

But as to Caffeine Free...

If you mean total Caffeine Free.. NOOOoooooooo!

You have any idea how many good/bad things have caffeine in them

Comment

Haha... im certainly not addicted to caffeine, and i made it clear to myself when i started my coffee journey that it would never become something which controlled me and that i would rely on. Am not a fan of relying on coffee as a drug... even though i have admittedly used it for situations where ive been extremely tired and had things on that day... but yes, to each their own

Comment

My wife and I did it for a month once (also during Lent, like Brett - but it was more about proving we could do it than being pious! :P).

The first week is the hardest. I also had a constant headache. Its quite disturbing to think that I had been so addicted that my body reacted for that long.

Heres the thread where we discussed it last time. http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1238573668/

I can agree with Brett on the social thing too! Coffee consumption is very social and, personally, going to cafe to drink a *hot chocolate* just seems like a waste of time and money!!

Petar - yes, you can do it. And no, tomorrow wont be better.
              Cheers,
              Stuart.

Comment

I competed in a long running event a while ago, and in the last 2 weeks of training i cut caffeine all together......WOW thats what i call a headache! after the event was finished i literally had a tripple shot latte.......headache gone, within 15 mins! Real eye opener, i limit myself to 2 shots(total) a day now.........

Comment

Originally posted by 13173128282D32252A440 link=1268023651/7#7 date=1268057950
                  i limit myself to 2 shots(total) a day now.........
                  Thats not what it looks like in your avatar! :P

Comment

lol ;D its just a lot of milk......oooops im lactose intolerant too!

Comment

Lactose intolerance is a whole nuther topic, but Ive heard of plenty of baristas/coffee professionals who have had to cut back on milk because they developed (slight) intolerance to dairy...

The things we do for our caffeine coffee, eh?

Cheers
                      Stu.

Comment

Originally posted by 4B5E4F5A493B0 link=1268023651/0#0 date=1268023651
                        will tomorrow be better?  
                        Depends if you are drinking coffee tomorrow!

;-)

Comment

I regularly have a week off coffee and dont really have a problem.

Mind you, im only a one or two a day drinker at best so its probably easier for me to stop than those drinking much more.

Comment

day 2.. the headache is still very much there.. surprising as I dont have more then one cup most days..

i keep thinking about coffee tho, i can smell it most places I go..

anyhow, im looking forward to friday when i can get back on the bandwagon!

Comment

got headaches going around South America as I could only handle one coffee a day there until I found a nice place in Rio. If I dont get a good coffee within an hour of waking up, the headache starts. If I leave it for 3 hours, I cant shake it no matter how many coffees I have. Im an addict, but I dont have a problem until it affects my ability to live (if I got addicted to Kopi Luwak for example, I might not have a house).

Comment

Working...
                              X