Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasted beans in carry on luggage, international

Hi Guys/Girls,

Im getting a flight to London via Singapore and Dubai in about 9 hours ... is it ok for me to take say 1.5kg of roasted beans with me in carry on luggage ??

Sorry if this has been covered before, i had a quick search with no luck.

Cheers !
    Mark.

Re: Roasted beans in carry on luggage, international

Originally posted by 2F712F420 link=1270800015/0#0 date=1270800015
    Hi Guys/Girls,

Im getting a flight to London via Singapore and Dubai in about 9 hours ... is it ok for me to take say 1.5kg of roasted beans with me in carry on luggage ??

Sorry if this has been covered before, i had a quick search with no luck.

Cheers !
    Mark.
    Should be ok Mark...

Just tape the 1 way valves to halt a rapid degas and declare it

Bon Voyage!

2mcm

Comment

awesome, thanks mate

Comment

Being roasted and not green it poses no threat to local horticulture.

I would assume it should be fine...but like 2m said, declare it or chance being on border security lol

Comment

Depends where ya stuff em and how committed you are to quality coffee ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 4B726C625840070 link=1270800015/3#3 date=1270810158
            Being roasted and not green it poses no threat to local horticulture.

I would assume it should be fine...but like 2m said, declare it or chance being on border security lol  
            Ya and good gass roast... Tape up the vent and does it go as hand baggage or cargo..

All ya want is it to really gases up and pop...

If hand baggage, I guess the marshals would grab ya..

Then toss ya out the back window; as the aroma of real coffee pervades the plane and the passengers revolt ..

Comment

Originally posted by 49666F6D7A456966696F6D656D667C080 link=1270800015/5#5 date=1270810551
              as the aroma of real coffee pervades the plane and the passengers revolt ..
              ...when they taste what theyre given instead. ;D

Comment

I have been offered a cup of coffee on flights before... After I recover from the effort it takes to not laugh, I give the attendant my "Espresso! My Espresso!" business card...

Comment

OK slightly different question but didnt think it was worth a new thread.

Am travelling interstate tomorrow for a 1 night trip.  Only want to take carry-on luggage.

Will pack my Aeropress and have an option of either my Zazzenhaus or the EM0480. Would rather go with power as Ill be in an office the whole time.  

Anyone know if Qantas is likely to have an issue with this?

Comment

Originally posted by 2E2F2536282D37440 link=1270800015/8#8 date=1271053602
                    I cant imagine why they would.

Why not just ring them if you want to know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by 1C203D262C2D3A2F272C480 link=1270800015/9#9 date=1271055530
                      Why not just ring them if you want to know for sure?
                      That would be far too logical for me TG

I did read through their dangerous goods information and certainly cant see anything there that would suggest it wouldnt be allowed.

Comment

No reason for it to be disallowed. Ive carried pre-roasted on flights before without declaring or having a question raised.

There can be weight/size restrictions for carry-on - depends on how full the flight is in terms of leniency, so I think youd be better off taking the Zass - its only one night, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by 54555F4C52574D3E0 link=1270800015/8#8 date=1271053602
                          Am travelling interstate tomorrow for a 1 night trip.  Only want to take carry-on luggage.
                          Originally posted by 54555F4C52574D3E0 link=1270800015/8#8 date=1271053602
                          They wont have a problem with it CJ i did almost the same thing a week ago but with a hand grinder. They didnt even ask to see what it was...i guess they could smell the freshly roasted coffee too

Comment

Originally posted by 6E6F6576686D77040 link=1270800015/8#8 date=1271053602
                            From the coffee point of view, youre as good as gold CJ.  As its neither a DG (dangerous good) nor a LAG (liquid, aerosol, gel) youre fine from the air travel side.

The grinder (EM or Zass) should not be pinged but ignorance and/or attitude of the security staff may prevail. I wouldnt expect to get something like a whirly blade through though. That obvious and very removable blade would fail the anything that is or could be used as a weapon test.

Comment

Originally posted by 497C656F3B3A0C0 link=1270800015/13#13 date=1271154389
                              the anything that is or could be used as a weapon test.  
                              That describes me, but they still let me board.

Comment

Working...
                              X