Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafetto

hi guys,

This is probably a dumb question. I just got some "Cafetto espresso clean". I was wondering if it is safe to soak the group handles and filters in it? will it damage the chrome on the group handle? :-/

Thanks a lot.

Re: Cafetto

No such thing as a dumb question, only dumb people who dont ask questions. It is ok for soaking grouphandles in just dont soak the plastic handles in it as over time they will suffer.

Comment

You can soak the group handles in it, just make sure its rinsed off well before use. Id also try not to have plastic handles in the solution, as damage may result.

Comment

I hope you can as I do so :-?

Comment

Cafetto is awesome stuff - created, manufactured & owned right here in Adelaide.

Perfect for soaking group handles & baskets in. As with others I dont soak the plastic handle although I have no idea if it would damage it or not. I just stand them upright in a jug with dissolved cafetto.

Comment

Has anyone else here tried Finish dishwashing powder for soaking parts? If you think about it, the requirements for a dishwashing powder are pretty much the same as for Cafetto and both are unsuitable for aluminium parts....

Comment

Finish would probably work, as would any number of other substances. Cafetto is designed for the job and it works I dont think finish would be any cheaper so why not just use the right stuff.

BTW this has been discussed earlier in heaps of detail if you want to go into the details.

Comment

The only thing Finish has in common with Cafetto is that it has a similar pH. The chemical content is vastly different. Napisan is closer.

If you use either Finish or Napisan over Cafetto or Clean Machine, then youre probably also the type of person who might not think there is much of a difference between a blend of metho and boot polish compared to a fine wine.

Comment

Originally posted by 14353E3E3923500 link=1273552118/7#7 date=1273564309
                  The only thing Finish has in common with Cafetto is that it has a similar pH.  The chemical content is vastly different.  Napisan is closer.

If you use either Finish or Napisan over Cafetto or Clean Machine, then youre probably also the type of person who might not think there is much of a difference between a blend of metho and boot polish compared to a fine wine.

ROFLMAO...... Said so clear but so simple.... And so true.

Comment

Originally posted by 4A444946514746280 link=1273552118/6#6 date=1273563483
                    BTW this has been discussed earlier in heaps of detail if you want to go into the details.
                    Really?? A search brings up 5 posts with the words Cafetto and dishwashing (including this one) with only 1 post (by Dennis) going into any detail about what the differences are. The rest are just hand waving warnings

Im not talking about back flushing, people. Just for soaking.

Or do people here drink Caffeto?

And even if the chemical compositions are different, the task requirements are almost identical apart, possibly, from solubility and thorough rinsing (which should be done with any cleaning agent) would take care of residues due to that.

BTW It is the pH that breaks down the oils when cleaning which is the cause of residue from espresso extraction. The oxygenating component of bleaching agents (as present in Cafetto and Napisan) act to a) sterilise and b) break down certaing colouring agents to hide stains. Neither of these effects should affect the soaking of coffee components (or backwashing but lets not get into that).

Comment

Originally posted by 6F65656A656361040 link=1273552118/9#9 date=1273611646
                      Really?? A search brings up 5 posts with the words Cafetto and dishwashing (including this one) with only 1 post (by Dennis) going into any detail about what the differences are. The rest are just hand waving warnings

Im not talking about back flushing, people. Just for soaking.
                      Advances search and be aware that key words are often an issue with speeeling and context etc

As to soaking..  I actual use Cafetto to not only flush AND soak but as a cleaner for my oven and for fume extraction fans etc..

Why... Cause it si cheep and does much better that all the other stuff I have tried.

Now if ya using Finish to soak something else... Would I drop in a few coffee bits at the same time  - Why not  ;D

Would finish or some other house hold cleaning agent be my first choice... No...

Oohhh  Whats that my wife has in the cupboard..  Borax / White Vinegar etc....

Stop it AM, that is not for cleaning coffee bits nor for drinking; besides the Borax adds a nasty hit to the rollies...

Comment

Originally posted by 43494946494F4D280 link=1273552118/5#5 date=1273562981
                        Has anyone else here tried Finish dishwashing powder for soaking parts? If you think about it, the requirements for a dishwashing powder are pretty much the same as for Cafetto and both are unsuitable for aluminium parts....
                        Cafetto is designed for it, specifically for coffee, Finish is not.

If ya trying to save a buck then go for it, no ones gunna stop ya, its your machine and your coffee........

I second what Den and AM have said.

These machines are too expensive to scrimp on cleaners? :

Comment

Nothing wrong with Homebrand Nappy Treatment for group handles. Wouldnt backflush with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by 7F75757A757371140 link=1273552118/9#9 date=1273611646
                            Try backflush powder or machine cleaner (trust me this is a can of worms that has been opened before, just cause you cant find it doesnt mean it doesnt exist).

Nothing more to add to the conversation it has all been said before, do what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by 2E202D223523224C0 link=1273552118/1#1 date=1273552518
                              No such thing as a dumb question, only dumb people who dont ask questions. It is ok for soaking group-handles in just dont soak the plastic handles in it as over time they will suffer.
                              This also my view & if moto did not post it first I would have posted the same answer

KK

Comment

Working...
                              X