fresh roasted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh roasted

Can someone tell me where I could buy some fresh roasted beans ? I live in Highett so local would be good . Since getting my grinder I have only tried Vittoria packed beans --made pretty good coffee but I would like to try some fresh stuff.
    Brendan

Re: fresh roasted

Originally posted by Brendan link=1145331600/0#0 date=1145331599
    Can someone tell me where I could buy some fresh roasted beans ? I live in Highett so local would be good . Since getting my grinder I have only tried Vittoria packed beans --made pretty good coffee but I would like to try some fresh stuff.
    Brendan
    Hi Brendan and welcome to the world of truely fresh coffee:

Some suggestions are:

Atomica- Brunswick St
    Icoco- Albert Park
    St Ali- Sth Melbourne
    Coffee Company- Carlisle St (grill them re roast dates to ensure you get truely fresh )

Hope you enjoy the ride...and if youd like learn how to roast your own (purchased here of course 8-)), pop in to the ACademy for an Intro to Home Roasting course...Its way easier than you may think

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris
      Do you have any details re the intro to roasting course ?
      Brendan

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan link=1145331600/0#2 date=1145345974
        Thanks Chris
        Do you have any details re the intro to roasting course ?
        Brendan
        try this http://coffee.angliss.vic.edu.au/coffeemaking.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan link=1145331600/0#0 date=1145331599
          Can someone tell me where I could buy some fresh roasted beans ? I live in Highett so local would be good .
          Gigante Coffee in Cheltenham might be worth a try too.

Comment

Hi Brendan,

Of the sponsors, Coffee Hit, CosmoreX and Veneziano sell roasted beans - might be worth checking them out if youre up for spending some $$ on postage.

At some stage later this year I want to organise coffee from various interstate roasters to come into Melbourne ... not sure if we can get it put into a cafe on a rotating basis or if we should just try to do a group buy or something ... there are heaps of interstate roasters that I want to try.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Try Ciscos Cofee in Chapel Street WINDSOR. Theres public parking directly behind that night help avoid the mad crush on Chael Street. A family business
              thats been roasting there onsite since the 60s (well they moved buildings from near the St Kilda junction ages ago). They do have a decent wholesale side to their business so their turnover of beans ensures that whats sold in the shop front is generally speaking freshly roasted. Depending on what you have to make coffee try: Arabica and Espresso mix for an Espresso maker; Arabica and Preuvian if you have a plunger; or Espress and Santos if you have a filter. Fred, Danny or any of the guys there could give you countless other variations depending on your tatse, Im only talking in general terms. They are very helpful, not into the hard sell and generaly happy to talk with you about all things coffee. From Highett if should be about a 20 min drive. Enjoy!!

Comment

Thanks Joe I went to Gigante in Cheltenham bought some beans , took them home and tried some and got heaps more crema than I had been getting . Nice shop , the guy was roasting beans when I walked in .
                Brendan

Comment

Glad I could help.

Comment

Working...
                  X