Melbourne CS Get Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne CS Get Together

Why are CoffeeSnobs in Brisbane and Sydney having more fun than the rest or am I missing out on regular catchups with fellow CSers in Melbourne?

If nobody in Melbourne have been organising say monthly or bimonthly meet ups, whos up for one?

Do a bit of roasting, cupping and for the fun of it, a latte art smackdown!

Re: Melbourne CS Get Together

Good point Faddy. Melbourne get togethers tend to be at bean pickups where everyone chats for 4 hours on a Saturday morning once a month.

For something different, the next Melbourne pickup will be at:

Keffa Han
    816 Lorimer St,
    Port Melbourne, VIC 3207

I hope to have the next BeanBay-green sale ready to roll in the next week(ish) (pending on a customs clearance) so I expect election day would be good timing for a Melbourne pickup.

So... how about Saturday morning 21st August for a get together?

Claude has a great area out the front that we could get a couple of home roasters going and there is plenty of free car parking on a weekend around there.

Comment

Sounds like fun.

We all probably have to go out that day and vote anyway, might as well combine it with something useful!

Comment

Originally posted by 7F786D7B76604628202020190 link=1281148003/2#2 date=1281156223
        might as well combine it with something useful!
        Sad but true, voting does seem like a hiding to nothing sometimes.

Keffa Han is under the Bolte Bridge, on the corner of Lorimer and Graham Streets. Pretty easy to find.

Comment

Im in! Let me know if this gets legs and Ill be there!

Comment

Sounds great, am a goer for this. If anyone coming along has a KKTO - would love to see it operating, I am about to upgrade from Corretto and have a bunch of questions

Comment

I should be able to scrounge a Behmor from somewhere to bring along for the day.

;D

Comment

Im so there! Claude makes a great coffee while not being completely overrun on a Saturday (its on the cards though...!)

Am really keen to discuss roasting too with some fellow fanatics as Im about to embark on this soon...

A great way to get the taste of federal voting out of the mouth too...

Comment

Interesting that you mention Claude... I guess I better tell him about this
                  ;D

Im sure he will be fine with it, I mentioned it as a maybe a couple of weeks ago and he liked the idea of a pile of us roasting out the front.

...and I like the idea of people crossing the Bolte Bridge wondering what the smell is.
                  :

Comment

Funny this topic has come up, Claude was talking to me about this exact thing a few weeks ago - its a great space to have a pickup day, similar to the pickup that we had at Talk Coffee a few months back

Im sure Claude will welcome us all with open arms

Im certainly going to make it there after voting, even if im not getting any greens ill be getting some of the dutch choc (Claude made me one today, that cocoa make an awesome hot choc Andy)

Comment

Id love to see some home roasters in action and meet some fellow CSers! Never saw myself ever roasting my own coffee beans until I stumbled upon this site, now it looks like its only a matter of time!

Comment

Originally posted by 2139233E222528333E38510 link=1281148003/9#9 date=1281530562
                        Claude made me one today, that cocoa make an awesome hot choc Andy
                        Yeah, it is certainly hot chocolate time of year and I know of no better cocoas than the two we have.

Originally posted by 2139233E222528333E38510 link=1281148003/9#9 date=1281530562
                        Im certainly going to make it there after voting
                        It looks like the polling booths are open from 8am - 6pm http://www.aec.gov.au/voting/polling.htm
                        ...so if I go and do my bit in the morning I should be able to get to Keffa Han at 10am.

Originally posted by 47555B43424B2C0 link=1281148003/10#10 date=1281532244
                        Id love to see some home roasters in action and meet some fellow CSers!
                        It should be a fun morning, come along and have a go at roasting on something.

Comment

Will anyone have a baby roaster at this event? Im thinking of grabbing one off Chris.

Comment

Or maybe I could bring it along if theres space?

Comment

Originally posted by 2E2B283D3D2C3B252C30490 link=1281148003/13#13 date=1281570047
                              Or maybe I could bring it along if theres space?
                              Bring it along! There is plenty of space.

Comment

Working...
                              X