portafilter question on new machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portafilter question on new machine

got a expobar minore iii on the weekend.. very exciting and caffeine fueled weekend..

anyhow - when i put the portfilter in, its very tight and can only get it 7 oclock (if 6 oclock is 90 degree angle from the machine) - I have attached a pic..

should i be worried?

Re: portafilter question on new machine

New machines need a little break in time
    The seal is bedding in & will soften with time

Test it with a blind filter to see if its holding pressure without leaks

If all is ok then use as normal

KK

Comment

As per KK....

For example, my Diadema seals without leaks at around the same position and that is after 16 months of constant use. No need to lock-in the GH with the strength of Samson, it just needs to be firm. Excessive force will only serve to quickly wear out the Lugs and Bayonet of the Group, plus the Group Gasket.

Its quite surprising how little force is actually required and KKs suggestion to test out using the Blind Basket is a great idea.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

As per the above as long as it seals properly alls well.

Personally Id rather see the pfs lock at 7 oclock to 6 oclock rather than at 5 oclock. Ergonomically (For a right-handed person.) its easier on their body and I would think would lead to far fewer repetitive stress injurys. Why the industry hasnt adopted this is beyond me.

Java "Manufacturers, are you listening?!?" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4A6176617068696C65000 link=1281262863/3#3 date=1281297315
          Ergonomically (For a right-handed person.) its easier on their body and I would think would lead to far fewer repetitive stress injurys. Why the industry hasnt adopted this is beyond me.

Java "Manufacturers, are you listening?!?" phile
          They havent because theyre all actually designed by left handed people who are taking over the world one coffee machine at a time... ;D

Comment

cheers for clearing that up for me.. didnt think i should force it into a 6 oclock position..

Comment

Working...
            X