Bean pleasantly surprised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean pleasantly surprised

A coffee-snob mate at work brought me in some bean to try last week.
    It was one of the products sold by Sexie Coffee - an emerging coffee chain in Queensland. It was Costa Rica Tarrazu SHB. My friend often buys beans from Sexie Coffee and we put them through the dripolator and plungers at work and they are always good without being in the same class as the stuff I buy from BeanBay.
    The Costa Rica is an absolute standout however. Smooth, mellow and a tremendous intensity of flavour. Lots of flavours that those with better trained coffee palates would pick up. If you are anywhere near a Sexie Coffee outlet give this one a go and let me know what you think.

Re: Bean pleasantly surprised

Just did three more pours of this with similarly great results. The first pour yesterday I used my usual grind settings for the single & double baskets and the pour looked like a disaster giving the impression of too fine a grind. The result was great however.
    Today I went for a slightly coarser grind and the pour was perfect. Likewise the result. I am trying to identify the flavour and can only compare it to that concentrated fruit you get when you reduce fresh fruit (like apricots or peaches) to a jam like consistency. Certainly there is the typical coffee dark-chocolate thing going on as well and I have decided that there is some really discrete acid balancing the whole package. Unfortunately Sexie Coffie only have outlets in Maryborough & Rockhampton so it will be difficult for others to try this bean.

Comment

Originally posted by 407D71796B120 link=1283038665/1#1 date=1283046119
      Unfortunately Sexie Coffie only have outlets in Maryborough & Rockhampton so it will be difficult for others to try this bean.
      So the Costa Rica Royal Terrazu that Andy sourced wouldnt do??? I like that one.

Greg

Comment

Im with Greg here.
        Weve been drinking the Terrazu all last week at home.
        Sourced from Andy via Beanbay and lovingly home roasted on 15th August. About 2 shots left before we click over to the next roast.

Not so difficult to get to try it.

Brett.

Comment

If Andy has it I will certainly be trying it as my next order. I could not see it on either of the BeanBays however.
          I think you are suggesting that it has been on BeanBay previously - If the description said anything about acidic character I would have tuned out as I do not like too much acidity on either my wine or my coffee.
          So I take it that you both think it has a lot to offer? What about the level of acidity on the one you are drinking?

Comment

Originally posted by 724F434B59200 link=1283038665/4#4 date=1283069902
            If Andy has it I will certainly be trying it as my next order.I could not see it on either of the BeanBays however.
            I think you are suggesting that it has been on BeanBay previously - If the description said anything about acidic character I would have tuned out as I do not like too much acidity on either my wine or my coffee.
            So I take it that you both think it has a lot to offer?What about the level of acidity on the one you are drinking?
            It was in the June beanbay
            http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1275753797

Comment

Working...
            X