Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does ground coffee stay fresh in the dosser???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does ground coffee stay fresh in the dosser???????

Hello fellow snobs, and proffessional Baristas in particular

I would like to know everyones belief on what is the suggested time frame that ground coffee will still be useable for a fresh coffee, once it is in the grinders doser ready to be dosed,
    I ask this question; as a individual who stated that he was a barrister, Said" it would stay fresh for 24hrs ground in the hopper".

Re: How long does ground coffe stay fresh in hopper???????

Thats why Barristers should stick to practicing law Now, if that was a Barista that said that, I would avoid his coffee at all cost.

To be precise though, the hopper is the bit on top with the whole bean in, and the doser is the bit with the ground coffee.
    I would not leave whole beans in the hopper for more than a few hours, and I would leave the ground beans in the doser for max 15 minutes or so.

That being said, I am just an IT dude, and should probably stick to IT stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 292E3C352A31590 link=1283820483/0#0 date=1283820483
      Hello fellow snobs, and proffessional Barrister in particular

I would to know everyones belief on what is the suggested time frame that ground coffee will still be useable for a fresh coffee once it is in the grinders hopper ready to be dosed,
      I ask this question as a individual who stated that he was a barrister, Said" it would stay fresh for 24hrs ground in the hopper".
      If hes a barrister, hed be better off to stick to the courts and stop spreading coffee myths :

Comment

Originally posted by 7F786A637C670F0 link=1283820483/0#0 date=1283820483
        I ask this question as a individual who stated that he was a barrister, Said" it would stay fresh for 24hrs ground in the hopper".
        Tell him 3 minutes

Originally posted by 7F786A637C670F0 link=1283820483/0#0 date=1283820483
        stated that he was a barrister
        Is he a Legal eagle or a coffee professional ??

KK

Comment

Ideal technique is to grind on demand, so as to say only grind as much coffee as you need to fill the basket at that moment, for the coffee you are making. Never any more. The moment you grind coffee, it begins to increase the rate of staling enormously. When you grind coffee, you are increasing the surface area greatly, this area is subjected to oxygen, therefore stales.

Grinding on demand allows you to grind only what you need, get it dosed, locked in and extracted straight away. This lessens the time it comes in contact with the environment, therefore maintaining the integrity of the bean, enabling you to extract the most it has to offer.

Lazy barista auto grind and dose........ Professionals grind and dose on demand ;D

Best practice answer: you should never have ground coffee sitting in the doser. Grind on demand.

Comment

Working...
          X