Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing the cost of practice!!

Hey guys,

I have recently acquired an Isomac Zaffiro and Eureka Mignon grinder and have been practicing my technique madly. While Im having a great time, its a little draining on the wallet.

What do you/did you all do to reduce the overhead associated with practicing? Do you sacrifice bean quality to get your grind right? Or is this counterproductive considering you may not get a quality shot?

Or is that just the nature of the beast?

Cheers

Simon

Re: Reducing the cost of practice!!

Hi Simon,

I think you should allocate some of your hard-earned to a good training course. You will find that you can then dial in to a great shot and excellent milk texture far more rapidly. Its money well spent

2mcm

Comment

That is already on the cards 2mcm. I figured even after this Id be needing to practice quite a lot.

Comment

The next step is to get into the home roasting to save those pennies. A cheap popper is all that is needed to start and then hit the BeanBay. This way you can have freshly roasted for practice and palate development and still enjoy (but use less of) the good stuff from your favorite roaster as well. Like having your coffee and drinking it too!

Comment

There is no point is using cheap beans for practice. The only difference between great coffee and garbage coffee is the taste; so with cheap, stale beans youll never know if you get the production correct cause itll still taste yuk.

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X