Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good coffee in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good coffee in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Im going to be in the San Francisco Bay Area for a while (Berkeley) and I was wondering whether anyone had any recommendations for good cafes or places to get beans...

I would have posted this in the outside AU forum, but I dont have a high enough post count yet...

Re: Good coffee in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I havent been personally, but Ive heard good things about Sightglass Coffee, and also Four Barrel Coffee, both of whom are small, independent coffee bars with on-site roasting. Am kicking myself that I didnt get to try them when I was in the Bay Area in January!

Comment

A post was added to the Not AU forum a mere 34 mins before yours  :P

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1285490414/0#0

Comment

Id also add Ritual Roasters and Blue Bottle coffee to your list for SF. I _think_ they are around Mission district, so I dont know how helpful that is but I am certain that along with the already mentioned Sightglass & Four Barrel these are well worth checking out in SFO.

Comment

I checked the Not AU last night at about an hour before I decided to post this ;-> Perfect timing!

Ill definitely be paying those a visit to these when I happen to be over in the city - Ill be staying up behind the UC Berkeley campus in the East Bay so I was hoping there might be something a bit closer for day to day...

Im taking an Aeropress and grinder so Ill have some good coffee, but I always miss good espresso when Im on the road.

Comment

Ritual and Four Barrels are both in the Mission area and are worth a visit.

The espresso I got at Four Barrels was super acid for some reason, but the guy on the pour over that day was great and was very knowledgeable.

Ritual were no longer roasting on site when I was there, but they had great coffee.

Also had good coffee at a hole in the wall type place near Union Square called Farm:Table.

Just stay clear of the Little Italy area. I still havent found any decent coffee there.

Isnt Sweet Marias near Berkeley? Could be worth a visit.

Comment

Ahh Ritual. I didnt try their SFO location but they were the ONLY drinkable (very nice to be honest) option in Napa. Just in case you get as far as wine country

Comment

Working...
              X