Thundergod storming into Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thundergod storming into Melbourne

Ill be making a flying visit to Melbourne next week.

Im leaving Mjolnir at home and will fly Qantas instead in mortal guise.
    Arriving Thorsday afternoon and leaving late Sunday.

Naturally Ill be trying to fit in as many renowned coffee establishments as I can during my brief stay.

Should any of you Melburnians wish to meet the world famous Thundergod, let me know if you regularly haunt any of those places and Ill see if my schedule can accommodate.
    (No autographs please)

Ill probably not venture too far from the CBD on Thorsday and Friday will surely be hectic as I try to fit in as many as possible, venturing far and wide.

Hopefully Saturday will allow a few more stops and Sunday may again be limited to the CBD so any suggestions as to who to leave until Sunday will be appreciated.

Re: Thundergod storming into Melbourne

For the uninitiated, Mjolnor is TGs magical hammer (as you can see in his avatar), not his wife. And he is not as formidable as his celestial persona might suggest (as long as you buy him a coffee   )

Have a good one TG.

Comment

Whats your proposed itinerary? there is a chance that I could meet you at one of the stops

Comment

Ill post a rough itinerary soon.

I need to make a short list and then plot public transport routes between to see what works and what doesnt.

Originally posted by 33392C3B3B342026550 link=1285816310/1#1 date=1285817214
        he is not as formidable as his celestial persona might suggest
        Harumph!
        My mortal persona has a 3rd dan black belt.
        Formidable enough for most I reckon.

Comment

Let us know would like to catch up if I can.

I recommend Eclipse (inside the Intercontinental) on Flinders Lane between King and William if you intend on being in that area of the city.

Comment

Thanks Andreas.
            Ill be staying very close by to there.
            Maybe we could make it my Thursday afternoon coffee stop.
            Ill be well overdue for one by the time I arrive sometime after 2:00pm.

Comment

Trams are good for moving around metro Melbourne and you can buy an all day "hop on and off" Zone 1 ticket for $6.80
              http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/fares-tickets/metropolitan-fares-and-tickets/metcard/metcard-fares/

Instead of getting dragged around the Vic Market, you could drop the dear wife there and then head to Di Bella in North Melbourne and/or Veneziano in Abbotsford (all 3 are pretty much on Victoria St and the same tram route).

Comment

Originally posted by 5679736E170 link=1285816310/6#6 date=1285926206
                Instead of getting dragged around the Vic Market
                Seriously thinking about this now. Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by 18373D20590 link=1285816310/6#6 date=1285926206
                  all 3 are pretty much on Victoria St and the same tram route
                  *cough* at the risk of sounding like a know-it-all, while theyre all on or near Victoria st, to get to first pour you need to get the 96 tram from Bourke St and to get to North Melbourne youd take the 55 from Elizabeth St.

Comment

Originally posted by 56545850505E5944370 link=1285816310/8#8 date=1285932890
                    to get to first pour you need to get the 96 tram from Bourke St and to get to North Melbourne youd take the 55 from Elizabeth St.
                    Noted.

Comment

If youre heading to First Pour, Proud Mary and Three Bags full are on the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by 362334343F3C303F510 link=1285816310/10#10 date=1285992178
                        If youre heading to First Pour, Proud Mary and Three Bags full are on the way!!
                        More to plot on my map.

Comment

Be sure to check out Tobys espresso bar in the CBD at 136 exhibition st. They have excellent espresso and the guys there are friendly and good for a chat. $2 espresso all day is a real bonus. Happy to meet up and put a face to the name TG :-)

Comment

I see you have some good suggestions already but a few others are. Seven Seeds which is walking distance from CBD and well worth a visit. Brother Baba Budan in CBD should be high on the agenda. St Ali in Sth Melb but can be very busy weekends. East Brunswick Project at the top end of Lygon St if out that part of town. So much coffee so little time !

Comment

Thank Beanz.

Theyre already on my "long list"; no way Ill fit them all in.
                              Im trying to plot them all on a map and then create a working "short list" that takes into consideration travel routes be it walking limping, tram or train.

Those establishments close to each other or along the same path will get a look in this time around.

Ill only have Thorsday arvo and all day Friday to myself.
                              On the weekend Ill be hampered by the SO (though Andys suggestion of leaving her at the Vic markets is being given serious consideration).

Comment

Working...
                              X