Found the perfect travel mug/thermos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found the perfect travel mug/thermos

After searching for quite some time I think I have Found the perfect travel mug

Cuisipro Click-n-Sip Travel Mug
    Description
    The ingenious design behind the Cuisipro Click-n-Sip Travel Mug means that drinking on the go has never been easier.
    With one finger and without looking you push down on the non-spill cap in the centre, which then opens it and you can drink from anywhere around the top.
    The 360 degree drinking style means you never have to worry about trying to locate the drinking hole when you can’t take your eyes off what you are doing.

see photo

KK

Re: Found the perfect travel mug/thermos

To high for most domestic machines too so a re pour needed.

Specifications
    Height: 20 cm
    Capacity: 370ml
    Colour: White Only

Comment

Originally posted by 6364606F676D78686F66010 link=1285819493/1#1 date=1285819837
      To high for most domestic machines too so a re pour needed.

Specifications
      Height: 20 cm
      Capacity: 370ml
      Colour: White Only
      If thats what it takes then its worth it

I especially like it because -

The top dome is spring loaded (where the swirl is)

click once and it opens
      click again and it seals

KK

Comment

Looks interesting.

Height (and therefore a re-pour) is just one of those things with travel mugs.
        In order for it to accomodate a large enough coffee to make travelling with it worthwhile, it really needs to be fairly tall and tapered.
        If you get a shorter cup with similar capacity, the girth would most likely mean it wont fit in the cup holder in the car etc.

I use a tall travel mug every morning that is too high for the machine. I just do the double shot into a demitasse and upend it to the mug when ready. Works fine for me.

Comment

Found a video on one

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQY_QtTtkTo[/media]

KK

Comment

Is that a midget in the video? makes it look massive

Comment

Not sure about the name? Cuisiepro..? Sounds like a stomach settler! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 6A6C7B706A6D75771E0 link=1285819493/5#5 date=1285841150
                Is that a midget in the video? makes it look massive
                As I look at one now its not that big
                A little tall perhaps

A family friend left it here when visiting
                So I can vouch that it works well

KK

Comment

It doesnt look as tho its insulated, is it? Does it insulate as well as the thermos?

Im looking out for something to replace the tall thermos mug plus the tall plastic mixer mug combination I use on (motorcycle) camping trips for hot cocoa.

The coffees taken care of with small glasses (from the ibrik & moka pot). Theres no effective weight or size penalty with glass & the taste is clean.

The insulated cup keeps cocoa & tea warmer in winter, but the lids not tight. The cuisiepro lid looks tight. Maybe a neoprene sleeve? A space blanket mod? With a swizzle stick hand mixer? Youve got me thinking again.

Ive also found that the japanese-made stainless steel vacuum flasks (zojirushi & tiger brands, at least) actually keep liquids warmer longer than others - 24 hours easily and hot 12 hours.

Mal G

Comment

My Wife needs one of these - made her a tall long Mac last week, she drove off with it in the cupholder and a few minutes later she called me.

Honey....ahmm.. the coffee spilt - yes the whole lot !!....Its dessappeard down near the gear lever. I dont know where its gone. Will the car be OK ??"

Not happy - I had to disassemble the whole centre console to clean out the coffee from around the gear lever.

I later rang her and said - "honey its pretty serious. We need a whole new transmission

She hasnt spilt a drop since.

Comment

I like the design so much that I purchased 3 of the travel mugs

See Photo
                      KK

Comment

Thought I would chime in here, we sell these at my work,

A couple of other points that make them really popular sellers

. dishwasher and microwave safe
                        . 25 year warranty ( no more blown transmissions )

Comment

one very important question for me would be:

[edit] Does the mug have any kind of plastic smell? [/edit]

Comment

Originally posted by 3C232B3835303434590 link=1285819493/12#12 date=1289355678
                            one very important question for me would be:

[edit] Does the mug have any kind of plastic smell? [/edit]
                            My thoughts were the same as you

New out of the box & after a rinse I did not smell a thing
                            I asked my daughter to test for a second opinion and she said I cant smell anything.

But I will have to report back to you with a report/review after a few uses

KK

Comment

Incasa, stainless twin wall, single cup plunger...

Fits right in my bag for work. All I need is hot water.

Comment

Working...
                              X