Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend coffee beans? what about Genovese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend coffee beans? what about Genovese?

Hi All,

Im a newbie here and looking to open a cafe.
    Can you recommend me some coffee beans please?
    I was told Genovese and just tasted it today, its very rich and strong. What do you guys think?

Im based in melbourne but dont mind travelling interstate

Thank you

Re: Recommend coffee beans? what about Genovese?

Genovese is a great all rounder with broad customer appeal. Excellent company to deal with and a very consistent fresh product.

BUT

I went through a process of trying a bunch of coffees some from sponsors here and some others, short listed them to a few to retry. The thing you need to bear in mind is you are not the average drinking customer so what you like is not necessarily the most important factor. I still like it but I prefer a bit more punch in what I drink and or roast for espresso which I drink most of as milk based drinks.

Best bet is to go through a similar process go and meet some roasters, drink, take notes and go from there

Also be very wary of "FREE" items offered with any talk of contract supplied beans. Obvious I know but there is no such thing as free

Comment

thanks for the reply

can you recommend me some names please?

Comment

Originally posted by 3732240236382B5D0 link=1286531735/2#2 date=1286582143
        thanks for the reply

can you recommend me some names please?
        You could try some of teh sponsors... A few in your area

Send an e-mail

Comment

Originally posted by 5D584E685C5241370 link=1286531735/2#2 date=1286582143
          can you recommend me some names please
          Lots but best bet is to hit up the site sponsors as AM mentioned, there is a fair few of them in Melbourne who roast and Sydney/Canberra is 1-2 days at most to Melbourne so for you that might work. For me Syd/etc is 3-5 days at times so I ruled them out due to my specific needs.

Look at the Good Coffee where section of the forum and get out to some of the Coffee shops mentioned and taste the coffees feel the vibe and I sugguest to you that will pay itself back many times over with your Cafe setup.

Melbourne has some of the best coffee spots anywhere!(flameproof suit on) ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 2324202F272D38282F26410 link=1286531735/4#4 date=1286584192
            Melbourne has some of the best coffee spots anywhere!(flameproof suit on)  
            And for all of that, you have some dammed crappy ones, that out do the worst here in Qld   ;D

Comment

nice coffee, but there's nowhere local to buy it in SE suburbs namely Endeavour hills

Comment

Originally posted by memphis View Post
                nice coffee, but there's nowhere local to buy it in SE suburbs namely Endeavour hills
                You realise that you're replying in a thread that's seen no action for nearly 8 years?

EDIT: Oh I see, you are just making random posts to get your post count up.....

Comment

Working...
                X