Loyalty Coffee Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyalty Coffee Cards

Would like to know what everyone thinks of loyalty coffee cards.
    Our rent has gone up substantially and we need to cover the extra expense.
    There are lots of good cafes in the area and competition is strong. A good thing for the areas popularity.
    Do loyalty cards help increase profit? Do they cause problems?
    Does it make you look silly handing a card to a loyal customer of 5 yrs saying "here you go, have a free coffee when you buy 10"
    We do reward loyal customers but we dont have a perfect gauge on how often we do or if its enough.
    I personally never go to the same cafe over & over so I understand customers need variety too. Will the cards decrease the temptation to venture elsewhere?
    One of my favourite cafes, recently voted one of the best in Melbourne has them. So im thinking maybe theyre not that bad.
    I do dread my large skinny latte 3 sugars take away customers with loyalty cards.
    Our coffee is $3 reg & $3.50 large, as is everyone in St.

Re: Loyalty Coffee Cards

Originally posted by 734B4257614C5A230 link=1287231008/0#0 date=1287231008
    Would like to know what everyone thinks of loyalty coffee cards.
    Our rent has gone up substantially and we need to cover the extra expense.
    There are lots of good cafes in the area and competition is strong. A good thing for the areas popularity.
    Do loyalty cards help increase profit? Do they cause problems?
    Does it make you look silly handing a card to a loyal customer of 5 yrs saying "here you go, have a free coffee when you buy 10"
    We do reward loyal customers but we dont have a perfect gauge on how often we do or if its enough.
    I personally never go to the same cafe over & over so I understand customers need variety too. Will the cards decrease the temptation to venture elsewhere?
    One of my favourite cafes, recently voted one of the best in Melbourne has them. So im thinking maybe theyre not that bad.
    I do dread my large skinny latte 3 sugars take away customers with loyalty cards.
    Our coffee is $3 reg & $3.50 large, as is everyone in St.
    From a customers point of view? probably ok, as far as cafe staff are concerned, bit of a PITA.
    Ive seen them used a bit in the US, ok when business is slow, when its busy just something else you have to stuff around with.
    Im sure you and your staff know who your regulars are, why not just give em an unannounced freeby every now and again out of the blue, would certainly generate good will and you would not be broadcasting your strategy to other cafes in the area so they in turn would adopt the same scheme.

Comment

Do a google search for "disloyality card coffee" and have a good read. If you are really into coffee and know some other like minded shops in your area club together and give it a whirl. There is several coffee shops in the CBD that are getting one going at present.

Comment

Originally posted by 4740444B43495C4C4B42250 link=1287231008/2#2 date=1287262768
        Do a google search for "disloyality card coffee" and have a good read. If you are really into coffee and know some other like minded shops in your area club together and give it a whirl. There is several coffee shops in the CBD that are getting one going at present.
        One of those would have been good for me on my trip to Melbourne last week.
        More people should get out and about to the good coffee places.

Comment

Working...
        X