Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Pods for Sunbeam

Hi all,

Has anyone tried coffee pods for espresso machine?
    I want to try it for my sunbeam em6910. Can anyone recommend me any good pods?

Thanks
    Jess

Re: Coffee Pods for Sunbeam

Theres no pod in snob.

The fresh artisan product most of us are chasing is hardly to be found in pre ground pre dosed several month old plastic packaging. Do yourself a favour and stick to freshly roasted, freshly ground, individually dosed, distributed and tamped espresso.

Comment

Originally posted by 383728280D38372828520 link=1287454101/0#0 date=1287454101
      good pods
      Now theres a contradiction in terms.

Comment

Originally posted by 16273029282F24293F460 link=1287454101/1#1 date=1287455374
        Do yourself a favour
        maybe that could be "do yourself a flavour"

Steve

Comment

Years ago, I had an Illy Francis Francis machine and used Illy Pods, which are generally available in supermarkets these days. They were a bit more exotic then. (Note that you do require a different style basket even for the Illy style pods). I only had the pod style basket, so I did not have a choice, although I believe you get an alternative for fresh coffee.

Advantages:  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Being easy to use, less messy, all those convenience type things. So if that is what you are looking for then it has its place. I had mine for a couple of years.

Disadvantages:  [smiley=thumbdown.gif] The points mentioned by those that have already replied to the post. The coffee was acceptable immediately after unsealing the tin, but went rapidly downhill from there. In the end its no better than any other supermarket style offerings. Finally I upgraded to get all those good things you get from freshly roasted/ground speciality coffees.

Im, not sure what type of pods you need, but you can purchase Fill-Your-Own Style style pods and capsules (Search EvilBay). But if you are going to all that trouble for an EM6910, I would personally think it makes more sense to buy/grind as fresh as possible. That way you will get better bang-for-your-buck from the EM6910.

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by 4649565673464956562C0 link=1287454101/0#0 date=1287454101
            I want to try it for my sunbeam em6910.
            The 6910 is not designed to take a pod.

Comment

It is now. I know this from sunbeam website.

Comment

True - the website now declares it as "Pod Compatible". And they look similiar to the Illy pods I used.

Graham

Comment

[movedhere] Cupping Room [move by] Mal.

Comment

Hi, I have the Sunbeam EM6910 with the pod adapter. I get my pods from Coffex on Grange Road in Adelaide but I think they are also available from the web - not sure if they have stores in other cities.
                    They are made in Australia and all the pods are stored in little alfoil packets. They have tins available with 20 pods in them if you dont want to buy a box of 100 before you try them.

Comment

Hi evelyn,

Welcome to Coffeesnobs.

Most people around here dont really have a predisposition to pod coffee, but would rather the real thing freshly roasted.

A little surfing around through some of the threads will give you an idea of the angle that most are coming from as well as providing some insight into the differences.

Help is always offered if you need it.

Cheers

Comment

I might buy a bunch of decaf pods, so that if I do need to make decaf I dont need to switch out my hopper.

Comment

I think decaf pods make some sense in many applications, more so if I dont have to drink them!

Pods are quick, clean and as you said, you dont have to bean swap your hopper. The coffee wont be as good as a freshly roasted decaf but if your decaf consumption is low enough you prob cannot justify keeping decaf on hand for the occasional drinker.

Comment

Originally posted by 1431223B36313C2A500 link=1287454102/11#11 date=1293543868
                            I might buy a bunch of decaf pods, so that if I do need to make decaf I dont need to switch out my hopper.
                            Good idea Darkfalz as far as convenience and less hassles goes if you want to drink decaf every now and then.

Drinking decaf is like drinking 0.5% beer which has virtually 0% flavour compared to full strength.
                            If someone drinks the occasional coffee during the day, i cant understand why the need for decaf.
                            Arabica beans has half the caffeine levels of Robusta ( found in instant coffee)
                            Especially more so if youre making espresso based coffee which has less caffeine than manual brewing methods like a plunger which requires a longer brewing time which releases more caffeine.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by 203A373624322A2020530 link=1287454102/13#13 date=1293551071
                              Drinking decaf is like drinking 0.5% beer which has virtually 0% flavour compared to full strength.
                              Forgive him Andy for he has clearly never worshipped at the altar of Decaf Wow!

Comment

Working...
                              X