No announcement yet.

Where do you get you coffee beans from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you get you coffee beans from?

Hi,

I just wanted to see where people are getting thier beans from as I was thinking of having a look around to see if there is anything better that the beans I get from coffee works.

Re: Where do you get you coffee beans from?

Too easy. Click on one of the buttons on the left, top of page. "Roasted coffee" if you want roasted coffee or "Green Coffee" if you want, you guessed it, green coffee. Andys coffee is great as he roasts the coffee to order (so its fresh) and he posts it express post.

Comment

I roast my own beans
      That does not make me special in this forum
      Rather the norm

KK

Comment

lol I thought that would be the reply I would get.

I was thinking of trying to roast my own beans but might wait a bit as I just got a new coffee machine and grinder.

There is a place next door to my work that said they would roast then for me so might try that when I use my beans up.

Comment

Look for a roast date - freshness is key.

Best to buy roasted coffee no older than 2 weeks from roast date, preferably 1 week or less so that you have time to drink it before it starts to stale.

Comment

All over the place is the answer including roasting my own. One of the great things about coffee is the variation all to often I hear oh I only drink brand XYZ Brazilian beans (big deal)get out of the rut and try as many different ones as you like the sound of.

If you are way out in the bush then roasting your own is great and then supplement it with some Brown Beans from time to time to compare with your own or for a change.

Warning Cliché coming

Variety is the spice of life

Comment

How long do green beans stay fresh for?

Comment

Originally posted by 4A534655554854270 link=1289218334/6#6 date=1289270739
                Up to 3 years
                But the sooner they are roasted the better

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 677E6B787865790A0 link=1289218334/6#6 date=1289270739
                  Three years give or take depending on bean, storage method, harvesting and processing methods.

Comment

Originally posted by 1B3F363635350F1B3F233D3F500 link=1289218334/7#7 date=1289271271
                    mtarros wrote on Today at 1:45pm:

Up to 3 years
                    But the sooner they are roasted the better

KK
                    Originally posted by 3222352424626360686763500 link=1289218334/8#8 date=1289271275
                    Originally posted by 677E6B787865790A0 link=1289218334/6#6 date=1289270739
                    Three years give or take depending on bean, storage method, harvesting and processing methods.
                    Snap! KK wins again!

Comment

Recently just discussed but the conventional wisdom is up to a couple of years and they do change a little over that time. To new is sometimes not good to old and they can become flatter in flavour.

Heat gun, wooden spoon and a Stainless steel bowl and a starter pack. Go on do it you know you want to ;D

Comment

I recently blew up my popcorn maker (Read coffee roaster) and thought I would give stove top a go.

Using my big non-stick wok and a wooden spoon I slowly ramped the beans up to just before they hit first crack, then gave them a bit more heat getting them to a rolling first crack that lasted about 1 min. They then slowly progressed to second crack. The stove is gas and I was surprised at the results, just a small variance in roast colour. Whole roast of about 200 grams roasted weight done in 14 mins.

Just another beginner roaster idea......
                        I also highly recommend using beanbay. Not once disappointed.

Comment

mm I might try and do the stove top option.

I did see the Behmor Coffee Roaster in beanbay.
                          It looks like good little machine, might save up a bit and get one of them later.

I currently get 2k of beans roasted and shipped to me but I dont get through them quick enough, this looks like the better option.

Comment

Bean Bay has really changed things for me. Ive tried a few different varieties but the Espresso gold is just beyond any thing else Ive ever tried. I get an order once a month and I reckon its money very well spent.

Comment

I got the starter kit and the roaster. lol

Cant wait to get started.

Comment

Working...
                              X