Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean or grinder problem?

Hi guys,

I just bought some Indian monsoon malabar Beans, I have a vario malkhonig grinder and when grinding the beans they seem to spit out everywhere and make a real mess of the bench. I have tried adjusting the grind to both courser and finer with no change. This is the only batch of beans it has done this with. Really strange

Anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to remedy it?

Re: Bean or grinder problem?

Suspect you might need to clean the grinder if you are getting inconsistent grinds. Over time you can tend to get a build up of fines in and around most sweeper vanes below the bottom burr. Cheats way to do a rough clean is to run the grinder while it is being lent forward and give it a couple of good whacks on the side while running it with no beans. Apart from that you will need to remove the upper burr carrier and go from there with a brush etc.

Comment

Dr Nate--Monsoon Mal grinds totally differently to most other denser beans, after using MM I had to adjust my grinder about 8 notches upwards to get the correct grind. MM also creates heaps of static and the grinds stick to the chute and chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B3E292922212D224C0 link=1289797666/2#2 date=1289803078
        after using MM I had to adjust my grinder about 8 notches upwards to get the correct grin
        Similar result with the batch of MM Im using at the moment though only about 4 notches on my Mini.

Originally posted by 2B3E292922212D224C0 link=1289797666/2#2 date=1289803078
        MM alsocreates heaps of static and the grinds stick to the chute and chamber.
        Im about half way through my latest roast of MM and noticed this for the first time today, I suspect it has something to do with atmospheric conditions.

Comment

Working...
        X