Coffee Subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Subscriptions

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any decent bean companies that do coffee subscriptions (with any kind of discount). Where I am located makes it hard to get beans, and once I factor in the freight, it becomes a bit on the dear side.

I dont know of anyone I can split orders with, so the 1kg of coffee I buy each month adds around 25% extra cost. Ive got two local roasters, but dont really enjoy what they do. One only does one blend for their cafe, and its really underroasted. The other just doesnt taste right to me.

What Ive seen before is companies essentially offering free freight if you commit to 12 x 1kg shipments or similar (Id actually prefer 1kg every 3 weeks as thats what I go through). I can think of one place that does this (non sponsor, but with exceptional coffee - rated in Golden Bean last year), but just want to see if there are any others anyone can point me to.

Re: Coffee Subscriptions

PM sent.

Comment

Have you thought of home roasting?

Like many other Coffee Snobs I roast and always have fresh beans roasted as I like them and I save heaps.

My popper cost me $25 and Andy’s high quality BeanBay greens are far cheaper than high quality browns.

Barry

Comment

Yes- we do that for a small number of clients and CSers...

Drop me a line if youd like some further information.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 012231313A1C07362D20222D430 link=1290512590/2#2 date=1290548413
          Have you thought of home roasting?

Like many other Coffee Snobs I roast and always have fresh beans roasted as I like them and I save heaps.

My popper cost me $25 and Andy’s high quality BeanBay greens are far cheaper than high quality browns.

Barry

My partner said yes to a coffee machine, yes to a grinder, but no to a Behmor. I might just have to go down this path - well see how I go. I have a bastard of a design in mind involving halogen lamps from photocopiers (that I work on all day). I might just have an excuse to see it - Ive really got nothing to lose (as long as the fire extinguisher is handy).

Chris - Thanks for the offer. Once Ive worked through the beans Ive got I might drop you a line and give some of your roasts a try.

Comment

Working...
          X