Re: Just received a new coffee grinder in this condition from site sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just received a new coffee grinder in this condition from site sponsor

Originally posted by 6273677E747B66686273120 link=1290988421/0#0 date=1290988421
    Im not going to out the sponsor because I am waiting on their response on the condition of this grinder...  

But my new Rocky Rancilio turned up looking like this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27776112@N06/5216241084/in/set-72157625363116599/
    and
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27776112@N06/5216242034/in/set-72157625363116599/

Hi PaulF

I am just posting to make a general comment
    Manufacturers of the grinder normally test them with a real bean grind to check operation prior to dispatch  

These bean grinds many have become dislodged from the burrs in Australian transit
    When coming from Italy they are on a pallet and the boxes dont get tumbled

Is there another issue with the grinder apart from a few grinds

KK

Thats good news, thanks for clarifying, I had hoped that was the case.  (btw I tried to delete my first post after you replied)

An admin can feel free to delete the thread and hide my coffee grinder buying naivety hehe.

Comment

When I bought my new rocky grinder, it also had coffee grinds like what you have shown. There was a note in the bottom of the box from Rancilio stating (not sure of the exact wording) that the grinder is tested before dispatch and there may be grounds left over. I wouldnt be worried at all. The grinding setting should be set very close to where you want it. Enjoy your new grinder!

Alistair

Comment

It must have taken a few extra tumbles courtesy of Australia post, grinds on the outside of the body and it didnt look quite right which freaked me out. Somehow I missed seeing the scrap of white paper in the box until after I embarrassed myself!

Comment

Working...
        X