Australia Bundja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Bundja

Ive only just started so I dont think Ill have good cupping notes yet but had to say that Im loving this coffee cold, literally as a cold shot, iced coffee style and just as a white coffee when it sat there too long

I got mine from Real Coffee as roasted beans, the smell is fantastic when grinding and after playing around with my water temperatures have finally got a drinkable coffee.

When cold it definitely has chocolate tones to it.

I seriously didnt think Id be able to taste these things when I first started

Re: Australia Bundja

Without getting too much off topic how do you control the temperature on the presso? what are you doing for this bean?

Comment

On the presso side of things just as the water is coming to temperature (I wait until its got to 94 degrees to use in the presso) I pour the water into the top of the presso with the PF in it and let it sit for little bit as I turn around and put the jug back on its base to finish coming to temperature, then turn around and flush the water through the presso, take the PF out and put the pre-prepared basket in and put it all back into the presso.

For the bean when I put the water into the presso, I overfill it, lift the handles and only let the water sit on the grind for about 5 seconds, I was doing it for longer and I feel that it was burning the coffee.  After that I do a 20 second pull and thats it.

I have also used a bit of a coarser grind, one and a half turns on the grinder, it ends up being 16 grams in the basket, starts at 18 grams of beans before grinding.

I havent been using a timer just doing it in my head but I dont think Id be that far off the count as Im used to having to count seconds doing other things. I probably should start using a timer to see how close Im getting, probably longer than 20 seconds but as I said it would be by much.

Comment

Ah,ok, so your final temperature (the one that touches the beans) is 94C. Similar to what I do but I put boiling water in the presso, then grind and tamp, maybe add some cool water to the jug to bring back to 94, then flush the presso, put the basket into the PF and pull the shot.

Comment

Working...
        X