Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying coffee online - roasting dates, shelf life etc

Hi guys,

Im getting a bit sick of the supermarket beans and the pitfalls that they present so Im thinking about getting something a tad fresher. Ive seen Di Bella mentioned in a good light. Im thinking about Ali Reserve. Do they have a freshness guarantee? Also, if I store the beans in an airtight containter (not vacuum sealed) how long will the beans be good for?

Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Simon

Re: Buying coffee online - roasting dates, shelf life etc

Any beans you buy will (usually) come in a resealable one way valve bag, so youll get a good month out of them depending on the beans.

You can always order the coffee off Beanbay though, and then you know it will be fresh.

All the Di Bella coffee Ive seen is always around 1 week from roast date in the cafes they supply to, and it has a roast date stamped on it.

What I did to find beans I liked before I started roasting myself is to look at the CSR Golden Bean winner list, and work from there: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1290262689/0

Comment

Re: Buying coffee online - roasting dates, shelf life etc

What about beans from Beanbay? I normally pick mine up and theyre always roasted fresh that day!

If you keep the beans in a valved ziplock bag, the general consensus seems to be 3 weeks, however, Ive personally had beans at 4-5 weeks post roast and while theyre not quite as exciting, theyre still very much drinkable!

Not sure about many places that have a freshness guarantee?! Browns from Beanbay would still be your best best!

Comment

Working...
      X