New ice coffee recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ice coffee recipe

Dont know if anyone else has done this before but for christmas I was given a new blender so my coffees lately given that it is hot have been ice coffees. Just because I was getting sick of drinking so much milk I decided to just throw a double shot of coffee in the blender along with a handful or more of ice and some water. Blend it up so the ice is all crushed and the coffee ends up all aerated. I like cold black coffee anyway but doing this leaves a froth on top and if you drink it quick enough the coffee stays aerated the whole time. It gives a real creamy mouthfeel and if I didnt know better I would have sworn there was cream in it.

Give it a shot and let me know how you all think. Perhaps it is just me but I love it and completely guilt free and refreshing.

Re: New ice coffee recipe

Been damn hot here as you well know Justin. Sounds like a great idea. Will let you know tommorow how i went, but knowing myself, id probably add all kinds of things to it like ice cream after just for the heck of experimenting

Gary

Comment

Hey Justin, might just try that tomorrow. Even though it will not be 40 degrees in Perth, could just be "the business" as a cooler.

M

Comment

Gary, the ice cream also sounds like "the business" to me. Stay cool!

Comment

Ive been adding the ice cream since the hot weather came and when you get to the bottom of the tub you know you better cut back a bit!!!!

Comment

Did you put sugar or sweetner in your original?

Comment

Hey Justin, talk about timing!

Scraped the bits n pieces from the Brownes Connoissier vanilla ice cream n balled it into bottom of martini glass then proceeded to make the black ice coffee frappe ( restaurant term for finely crushed ice used for Cointreau frappes etc) upon which i scooped onto the ice cream. OOhh!! Brain freeze :P
              Great lunch dessert idea as its not as substantial as a dinner dessert.

Weekend coming will do your simple iced black coffee laced with sugar.

Gary

Comment

No sugar for me. Much more refreshing for me.  Turned out a pretty warm day in Perth after all. I spent the day 20 km past rottnest but came home early because of a sick person on the boat. Could have done with a nice icy drink out there.

Sugar is a personal preference when it comes to coffee but I find sugar masks a lot of the subtle flavors in coffee

Comment

Working...
                X