Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend Espresso for beginner

Hi Guys,

Im not sure if this is right section to post this, but I am after some recommendations on a good espresso blend for me to try and practice on (hopefully, if all goes to plan) my new machine. Due to my lack of experience I cant describe exactly what I am after in regards to taste, but generally I prefer milk based coffee that is smooth, nutty and has a nice lingering taste, lol hopefully someone can decipher that and give some good recommendations. I am wanting something that isnt too daring to begin with so I can focus on perfecting my technique and hopefully sensitivity of my palate.

Cheers
    Aaron

Re: Recommend Espresso for beginner

Where do you live, could be some cafes around that are worth recommending and then based on what you like there we could guide you towards some beans.

Comment

Hello Aaron,

Have a read over http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1231309291

Cheers

2mcm

Comment

Welcome Aaron,

Have a look on the left at the sponsorss list. There should be one that would fit your location.

Have a look too at this websites "Roasted Coffee". There are some tasting notes on each varietal.

Best you update your location so its easier for help and advice.

Gary at G

Comment

Hey thanks for the feedback so far, I will update my profile now. I am located at Penrith, NSW.

Comment

I think I have selected my first two blends to play with, both are from OOMPH! Coffee Roasters; Neo and Java Jo sound very nice and what I am looking for.

Comment

order some espresso wow from andy if you havnt already, ive used it a couple of times and have loved it - am sure youll get plenty of great reviews on it from here

Comment

Originally posted by 627A607D61666B707D7B120 link=1294636165/6#6 date=1294708469
                order some espresso wow from andy if you havnt already, ive used it a couple of times and have loved it - am sure youll get plenty of great reviews on it from here

Thanks for suggestion Phrostyboy, I will be sure to try it once i get through the OOMPH!

I suspect I shall be opening the doors up to a whole world of new experiences with the choices around

Comment

well I only have andy to blame for starting my bug on coffee...

you could even get a roasted sample pack which ive found you usually get 4 different SO beans

youve opened a can of worms where once you catch the bug theres no going back

Comment

Working...
                  X