Ceramic Cups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Cups

I usually use glass espresso cups so I can witness the whole process. Glass is OK during summer but now the weather has changed I find it cools the shot too quickly so I need to change to ceramic. I’ve looked at shops like Myer and the like but can’t find anything decent. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am in Melbourne.

Thanks.

Re: Ceramic Cups

Hi Dan,

If you prefer glass, a good winter alternative may be the bodum double-walled glass range (Bodum Pavina and Assam . . .) as per below:

They hold the heat much better than regular glass.

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

I have about 30 espresso cups from various italian espresso bars, but the ones that I keep using are the ubiquitous Nuova Point brown demitasses: http://www.espressoparts.com/product/020 I got mine from a local guy on ebay. Both St Ali and Maling Room are using them - dont know if theyre selling them or not. Theyre the chunkiest espresso cups youll find!

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

I second the nuova cups.  They retain heat well, nice to hold, and easy to look at.  Picked some up at Maltitude about 8 months ago at a coffee geek session. I use them almost exclusively now.

Comment

Thanks guys, I did rate the espresso cups at St Ali they are certainly thick!
          Any comments on there cappuccino cups?

Nice pic Matt, those shots look great.

Comment

I just finished drinking my coffee from one of the cups pictured  

Speaking of pictures, that is a fantastic picture MatthewG. Im not sure exactly why I like it so much, but its a nice juxtaposition of history and technology. The digital read out amongst the gleaming steel and ceramic. The subdued lighting works well too. All topped off with a great looking pour.

Ive got a couple of different shapes in my Nuova Points. The ones pictured and some that are slightly taller. I bought the taller ones at Campos. Theyre the same as the cups they use in house.

Comment

Phwoar, MattyG, that photo looks awesome!

Comment

Yeah, that really is a great shot (pun intended).

Comment

Working...
                X