Newbie Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Advice Needed

Hi all,…can someone please point me in the direction of a bean from the CS BeanBay.
    I will try to describe what I am looking for the best possible way I can….and how I “think” it might be described on a pallet,. so please don’t laugh….OK CS’s here goes.
    I’m looking for a bean that is along the lines of,…strong and bold, sharp and clean, ..non “gluggy”= No chocolate (or very little)… hint of spice is OK…..but it’s mainly the Big Strong, Clean and Sharp I’m after .

To an experienced pallet are the Bitter beans also described as “Sharp”?

Thanks in advance.
    Stuart

Re: Newbie Advice Needed

Id suggest the Costa Rican, but theres no stock.

Maybe the Ethiopian Guna Limu??  Kind of hard with that description.

If you dont want single origin, you could mix some robusta with something like a Peruvian, and that would be a really strong, punchy taste, but still fairly clean.

Comment

Originally posted by 726D6871726D6E71726D6071010 link=1296634119/0#0 date=1296634119
      can someone please point me in the direction of a bean from the CS BeanBay.
      Green or Brown.... :

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 05282C202D410 link=1296634119/2#2 date=1296635134
        Green or Brown....
        Whoops, I just assumed Green...

Comment

Sorry CSs, :....Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by 7E61647D7E61627D7E616C7D0D0 link=1296634119/4#4 date=1296635686
            LOL....

Now that we have that sorted out, Id have no hesitation in recommending Andys "CS Gold". It truly is a blend that produces a great cup, with soft spiciness (for me), a very interesting array of fruity flavours coupled with a sweet acidity that not only carries the fruitiness across the palate but makes for a very clean, crisp finish - Something that you have noted as an important criterion. Heres a link to Andys notes.... http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/Vi...ffeesnobs-gold

You could also try one of Dens wonderful blends too. I believe that the "Shire Blend" will also satisfy your preferred flavour profile as it too makes for a very interesting and clean cup that has acidity perfectly balanced with body and a lovely crisp finish reminiscent of a very high quality bitter-sweet cocoa (not chocolate). Heres Dens notes for this yummy blend and several others. I particularly enjoy Dens Defib Blend but thats just me ... http://www.cuppacoffee.com.au/coffee-blends

Have fun.... ;D

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 133E3A363B570 link=1296634119/5#5 date=1296648154
              Originally posted by 7E61647D7E61627D7E616C7D0D0 link=1296634119/4#4 date=1296635686
              LOL....

Now that we have that sorted out, Id have no hesitation in recommending Andys "CS Gold". It truly is a blend that produces a great cup, with soft spiciness (for me), a very interesting array of fruity flavours coupled with a sweet acidity that not only carries the fruitiness across the palate but makes for a very clean, crisp finish - Something that you have noted as an important criterion. Heres a link to Andys notes.... http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/Vi...ffeesnobs-gold

You could also try one of Dens wonderful blends too. I believe that the "Shire Blend" will also satisfy your preferred flavour profile as it too makes for a very interesting and clean cup that has acidity perfectly balanced with body and a lovely crisp finish reminiscent of a very high quality bitter-sweet cocoa (not chocolate). Heres Dens notes for this yummy blend and several others. I particularly enjoy Dens Defib Blend but thats just me ... http://www.cuppacoffee.com.au/coffee-blends

Have fun.... ;D

Mal.
              Well…I now have 1.kg of the finest CS Gold in transit to S.A, im droooling just from reading your description ;D.......my pallet : palate is really looking forward to this.

Cheer’s Mal

Comment

Originally posted by 544B4E57544B4857544B4657270 link=1296634119/6#6 date=1296797053
                Well…I now have 1.kg of the finest CS Gold in transit to S.A, im droooling just from reading your description ;D.......my pallet : palate is really looking forward to this.

Cheer’s Mal
                Great to hear mate.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dont forget to come back and let us know what you think, will you?

Happy brewing.....

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 7B56525E533F0 link=1296634119/7#7 date=1296799883
                  Originally posted by 544B4E57544B4857544B4657270 link=1296634119/6#6 date=1296797053

Cheer’s Mal
                  Great to hear mate.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dont forget to come back and let us know what you think, will you?

Happy brewing.....

Mal.
                  Well only 2 days post roast and i honestly have to say,... that made the best espresso i ever had!! Made a totaly awesome double shot half latte also.....hit the spot real fine. 1Kg of CS Gold  on my fortnightly shopping list should do me no worries!

Thanks.
                  Stuart.

Comment

Originally posted by 253A3F26253A3926253A3726560 link=1296634119/8#8 date=1297320697
                    Well only 2 days post roast and i honestly have to say,... that made the best espresso i ever had!! Made a totaly awesome double shot half latte also.....hit the spot real fine. 1Kg of CS Gold  on my fortnightly shopping list should do me no worries!

Thanks.
                    Stuart.
                    Thought you might enjoy it....

Have fun 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                    X