Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

    Originally posted by 4F60696B7C436F606F696B636B607A0E0 link=1296971457/14#14 date=1296995888
    Originally posted by 69656C616168040 link=1296971457/13#13 date=1296992375
    Originally posted by 4B425142554455424A46270 link=1296971457/12#12 date=1296991236
    Leeham - listen to wife. You cant have it. Now go to bed!
    she is always right

    as i sulk in the corner....
    I have not said any thing to mine as yet.....

    So I am still standing TALL - For the moment.
    Originally posted by 705F5654437C505F5056545C545F45310 link=1296971457/16#16 date=1297030570
    Originally posted by 6B636B6C6660020 link=1296971457/15#15 date=1297002275

    *lol* I said to my wife "look at this beautiful machine" and

    she said   "youre not having it".  


    Like I was going to ask for it...

    ok I was.
    ROFLMAO.....

    Been there so many times... And when they look at you... You try to feign that look.
    So at the end of the day the reasons for not obtaining is due to $$$ and OR the first crack  F/Controler?

    In the short term a few of us seem to be hanging on the OP from http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1296971457/0#0 to reply to a mass of PMs.

  • #2
    Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

    in reality i could just buy it if i wanted it, but....

    i want a 1 grp, if that Gaggia was a 1grp i would be really wanting it
    2grp would still be great they just take up to much space in the kitchen

    you also got to keep the F.C a bit happy i dont want to be in the dog house any more than i am normally

    i dont think the owner will have any challenge selling it although i dont understand why he would sell it...  

    thus the search continues  

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

      did we work out whether or not it was a 4000watt machine?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

        Originally posted by 3C303934343D510 link=1297032449/1#1 date=1297033718
        i want a 1 grp, if that Gaggia was a 1grp i would be really wanting it
        2grp would still be great they just take up to much space in the kitchen
        One thing to keep in mind with real lever machines is that you really need one more group than you think you do as its back to the p/f burp when on a run of shots. The alternative is to let the machine sit for a few minutes post shot as there is no 3 way valve.

        I couldnt see how anything less than a 2 group would be practical if you were considering coffee for a group.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

          Originally posted by 3B647C6A616A666F6F6C6C646867090 link=1297032449/3#3 date=1297034496

          One thing to keep in mind with real lever machines is that you really need one more group than you think you do as its back to the p/f burp when on a run of shots. The alternative is to let the machine sit for a few minutes post shot as there is no 3 way valve.

          I couldnt see how anything less than a 2 group would be practical if you were considering coffee for a group.
          that i did not know (or think about) that and is really good advice

          thanks Chris

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

            Originally posted by 6569606D6D64080 link=1297032449/4#4 date=1297035285
            Originally posted by 3B647C6A616A666F6F6C6C646867090 link=1297032449/3#3 date=1297034496

            One thing to keep in mind with real lever machines is that you really need one more group than you think you do as its back to the p/f burp when on a run of shots. The alternative is to let the machine sit for a few minutes post shot as there is no 3 way valve.

            I couldnt see how anything less than a 2 group would be practical if you were considering coffee for a group.
            that i did not know (or think about) that and is really good advice

            thanks Chris
            DITO

            Originally posted by 7C7A6D667C7B6361080 link=1297032449/2#2 date=1297034450
            did we work out whether or not it was a 4000watt machine?
            Plate says 4000 so 20A  

            If at home a 15A may do it... or modifications and that would de-rate any throughput or response times.

            Depends if ya want to do a shot or two or a GROUP  ;D

            I think I will get a 15A cct to my deck for future home improvements 8-)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

              Generally I dont find the lack of a 3 way valve an issue. By the time you have finished pouring milk the PF is retaining little to no pressure on the Izzo (55mm) but there is sometimes a touch left of the Fioranzato (58mm) group. if you are just punching out shot after shot then yes there is a short wait needed to keep it clean. You do also get the odd shot when changing beans or major grind changes that can be a problem where you need to release a choked shot MESSY

              For domestic use reducing power would make a lot of sense anyway I have the 3 grp running back at 3000W and it keeps up fairly well.

              And to go OT, thank heavens I am single if I wasnt I suspect I would have been killed by now ;D

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

                Ive also found the commercial levers to have little residual pressure after the shot, especially compared to home levers like the Pavoni or Elektra.Usually i can take the portafilter out within 10 or so seconds after shot finishes.

                Re the power requirements 4000W sounds about right.My 2 group plus reserve group gaggia (has 3 group boiler, 1970s) runs at 3500W, later models were 4000W 2 group , and 5000W 3 group

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

                  Keep plugging away AM. I know you gave up the lung lollies a while ago, if you are still on the right path you need a reward. Just think of all the money youve saved... Try that angle with her indoors. Worked for me all those years ago.

                  I love the look of these machines, kofekitts is amazing but my wife would not be happy if 60kg of lever machine got plonked on her worktops, and as the only coffee drinker in the house its a severe overkill. I suppose I will just have to be happy with my PV Lusso. Small, but functional.

                  PS. Does anyone know who bought it? Has Andy had a grilling.. maybe he knows something...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

                    Originally posted by 785557515C5D59340 link=1297032449/8#8 date=1297211818
                    I love the look of these machines, kofekitts is amazing but my wife would not be happy if 60kg of lever machine got plonked on her worktops, and as the only coffee drinker in the house its a severe overkill. SadI suppose I will just have to be happy with my PV Lusso.Small, but functional. Smiley
                    Cheers, the Gaggia is a huge beast, and would be major overkill for me too!Its closer to 80kgs! and for sale now, but in New Zealand.I bought it as a project to restore, will now be moving onto next project - Conti Empress 1 gp

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I would like a High End Lever machine for many reasons...

                      I am still casually looking for a vintage single group to rebuild at some stage partly as the footprint is a little smaller than the modern 1grp commercials but mainly as they look cool.

                      Large they might be but its worth it, off to pull some shots on the Fionanzato for "practice 8-)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi, i like the look of the grinder, what year is it.?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have a single group going into a shop and am worried as you say above that it may not handle flow time if busy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by caninefreak View Post
                            I have a single group going into a shop and am worried as you say above that it may not handle flow time if busy
                            I cannot understand why you'd even consider a 1 group lever machine for any commercial application. What happens when you have to make more than one or two coffees? Way too slow and IMHO, not an appropriate choice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It would have to make approx 15 serves a day for 4 days a week. I dont have a 2 group lever yet, i am on the look out for a Faema Marte with a price on this planet.!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X