ECM Veneziano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Veneziano

Is this something I should go into hock for?
    What sort of dollars do you thinks fair?

Thanks

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=358082326

Re: ECM Veneziano

To quote an Australian movie tell im hes dreamin

Your duetto would run rings around it I reckon too in most areas. The 2.5L boiler is to small for a decent sized group of coffees.

5 L rotary pumped single group machines in Oz never seem to go more than $2k on the bay of evil. My 5L one group lever was also under that  8-)

that said yes it is a great machine and oh so very shiny 

Comment

Yeah was thinking as an extra....oh thats right BF, you have the odd extra machine?

CB

Comment

Originally posted by 5750545B53594C5C5B52350 link=1298871566/1#1 date=1298872432
        To quote an Australian movie tell im hes dreamin
        No way is he dreamin. In fact hes probably blissfully unaware of what he actually has.

Its an original Veneziano S1 series I and is very, very rare. No more than a handful of this model variant exist worldwide. If its in good nick, it would bring an absolute minimum of $3.5k AUD here. Even my old series II (now in Dens custody) is one of around 20 worldwide.

Grab it and run!

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris I thought there was a bit of history to the machine, it looks pretty tidy too 8-)

Comment

Buying on features, performance and potential use are different to buying it as a potential collectors item I suppose. Collectors of coffee stuff in particular are a weird driven lot

Comment

Chris, I dont know how, and I dont know why, but I do know from being able to compare the S1 at home to quite a few different machines at work, that we prefer our home machine 8/10 times for the extraction quality...full, yet soft flavours....or it could just be that we only use it on Sundays in a far more relaxed environment and state of mind. ;D

I think that each machine has its own personality and will have different appeal for various reasons and you will prefer the coffee from one over another. So, it would be nice if you could try it.

Good luck with your decision.

Comment

Working...
              X