Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grinders premium coffee.. Does anyone actually like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinders premium coffee.. Does anyone actually like it?

Hi all,

Due to work, I have large discounts on grinders and I need to know if its worth getting - even if only for backup.

So, anyone who actually likes it and why?

If not, why not?

Re: Grinders premium coffee.. Does anyone actually like it?

Why not give it a try to see if YOU like it... your tatse is likely different to others tastes

Comment

It doesnt really matter what others think; if you like it and the price is right, then go for it. But I would also be considering roast date, the minimum quantity you would need to buy and whether you could consume all that in a period of 4 weeks or less.

In my pre-Snob days, I tried Grinders several times at one Melbourne cafe and it was usually quiet nice. I tried a few times at another Sydney cafe and was fair to good but clearly it was a different barista and equipment.

Comment

flynn_aus, I have to agree completely as I find the coffee very dependent on the skills of the barista. Forget different baristas, but the barista at work everyday makes coffee ranging from bad to ok..

Comment

Ive had coffee direct from the roaster at Griffiths and it was great.

Try the Grinders stuff and see how you go, what do you have to lose?

Comment

I consider Grinders and their Giancarlo brand a reasonable option when visiting cafes. And then it is down to the barista/equipment from there. And as Flynn mentioned, try get it as fresh as possible.

GrahamK

Comment

Originally posted by 6F697E756F6870721B0 link=1299023483/4#4 date=1299036608

Try the Grinders stuff and see how you go, what do you have to lose?
              $5.60 :P Roast today, arrival by monday. Will report back!

Comment

Hello lilmeh.....serious question. Is this a trick topic to see who would bite or have I just misunderstood something?

In any case Im happy to bite. Please explain $5.60.....for what?  200 grams roasted coffee beans?  Because if it is for anything more, then someone is losing money big time to supply to you?

Dya think someone on the production line can get me a brand new holden commodore for $5,600.00? ;D

Regardz,
                Attilio
                very first CS site sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by 6D594E58437468444D4D4E4E2B0 link=1299023483/7#7 date=1299122104
                  Dya think someone on the production line can get me a brand new holden commodore for $5,600.00?
                  Nar- youd be a desert island owning, Lambo driving roaster mogul, no? :-? :

Comment

Originally posted by 586C7B6D76415D7178787B7B1E0 link=1299023483/7#7 date=1299122104
                    Please explain $5.60.....for what? 200 grams roasted coffee beans?
                    Its their premium coffee Attilio. At that price with a bit of negotiation, they may throw in free delivery, a 3 group, aprons, t shirts, etc. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 7167626273717D74747777120 link=1299023483/9#9 date=1299126288
                      Its their premium coffee Attilio.  At that price with a bit of negotiation, they may throw in free delivery, a 3 group, aprons, t shirts, etc.  ;D
                      What?? No wind barriers, crockery, name badges and free fine dining? :

Comment

Originally posted by 122631273C0B173B32323131540 link=1299023483/7#7 date=1299122104
                        Hello lilmeh.....serious question. Is this a trick topic to see who would bite or have I just misunderstood something?
                        Not a trick topic, I seriously wanted to know what people liked about it because generally speaking, I NEVER LIKED IT (when cafes use it). ok there, I said it.

And 250g for $5.60. Edit: for Giancarlo Arabica
                        I figured if I can make it better at home, then its time to find a new coffee stop/s.

Comment

Well, the OP did say
                          Originally posted by 4144414048452D0 link=1299023483/0#0 date=1299023483
                          Due to work, I have large discounts on grinders ...
                          so its feasible that this price is for a kilo.

*Edit* I see it is $5.60 for 250g. Thats not a PROPER discount!

I work for a mob who give me free stuff every now and then that retails for ~$40 per unit, so it is not unheard of.

Brett.

Comment

Originally posted by 787F6A7C7167412F2727271E0 link=1299023483/12#12 date=1299127861

*Edit* I see it is $5.60 for 250g. Thats not a PROPER discount!
                            Brett.
                            Actually, I have no idea how much it is usually. Im calling it a discount because, um they did?

Comment

Im just kidding around.
                              Usually the less you buy, the higher the price per kilo, so youd probably be looking at around the $8-10 mark for a 250g bag depending on where and what.
                              Of course, its all for nothing if you dont enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X