Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Native Australian Coffee (coffea brassii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Australian Coffee (coffea brassii)

An interesting find in North Queensland! A native coffee plant (or a close relative):-

Main article here

Also some further reading here

Hopefully it will turn out to be palatable but I think Ill wait for further research before trying to get my hands on this potential beauty 

Re: Native Australian Coffee (coffea brassii)

Originally posted by 507B754D4166776477120 link=1303687451/0#0 date=1303687451
    An interesting find in North Queensland! A native coffee plant (or a close relative):-

Main article here

Hopefully it will turn out to be palatable but I think Ill wait for further research before trying to get my hands on this potential beauty 
    And judging by the pic on news com website it is already roasted to about CS9 !! :P

Comment

Originally posted by 5F504F5C5E5855555657390 link=1303687451/1#1 date=1303687672
      Originally posted by 507B754D4166776477120 link=1303687451/0#0 date=1303687451

Main article here

And judging by the pic on news com website it is already roasted to about CS9 !!  :P
      Im okay with the bean growing on the tree already roasted to CS 9. My biggest concern would be how the tree is storing the beans prior to harvest. Everybody know that in Darwin they refrigerate/air-con everything so the transport/supply nodus operandi of the tree and where it grows, stores and ships the beans from may be a flawed model. This would be most disappointing! ;D

Comment

Interesting, but not quite a new discovery. This plant was known to occur in Northern Australia at least as early as 2003 as Psilanthus brassii. Scienists have now decided it belongs in the genus Coffea after all - for the time being at least.

Note that there are over 90 known species of coffee with many not containing caffeine and only two or three considered worthy for making coffee drinks.

Comment

Working...
        X