Help! - Green bean storage in Far North Qld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! - Green bean storage in Far North Qld

Im just about to start on my roasting journey (very excited) and am a little concerned the humidity will be a big problem with storage of green beans. This will probably mean I can only purchase one style of green beans at a time or stick with brown - unless anyone has any storage tips for high humidity climates such as Far North Qld?

Re: Help! - Green bean storage in Far North Qld

Hi, i live in the NT and I have had no problem with the humidity with green beans - and last season was our biggest wet on record.

I do live in an aircon house though, I dont think they would go so well stored in the garden shed as an example!!

Start off with something that roasts well as a SO, like the Peru Ceja de Selva Estate, see how 2.5kg of that holds up over the time it takes you to use it, then if its ok buy 2 varieties for 5KG next time. I reckon you will be fine.

Comment

Thanks Galumay

Good to hear you have had no problems.

It has been suggested I contact a local roaster and see if they can provide any advice (if any needed). When I get a response Ill post it.

Comment

Since they store the Monsoon Malabar in open sided sheds with the monsoon winds blowing through, I doubt whether FNQ will provide a problem.

Greg
        in the driest state in Australia.

Comment

Working...
        X