Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many cups do you have a day?

Hi All,

I couldnt really find a thread for this, and thought it might be an interesting topic to discuss. However, I dont think this should end up becoming competition; just a place to check how obsessed youre becoming

I average around 10 a day, and thats 10x~30ml shots usually in the form of a latte.

How about you?

-AP

Re: How many cups do you have a day?

10 lattes a day whats that 2+ litres of milk a day. Thats a lot of sugar

I drink two double shots a day, flat whites and long blacks mainly

Comment

I usually have a double latte or flat white in the morning in a travel mug and one or 2 single flat whites at night.

I dont think how many you drink is the only measure of  obsession here  ;D

I will settle for 1 very good coffee a day rather than 3 bad ones.

Comment

I used to do three singles a day, now do two. Sometimes I can have up to six on weekends. Theyre all piccolos.

Comment

2 or 3 doubles.

getting old and any more and I dont sleep.

Comment

Anywhere between one and six a day. Sometimes more but thats only if im experimenting. If i do the morning shift at work im usually drinking twice as many compared to the close shift ;D

Comment

Usually around 1 double at home and 2 or 3 at work.

On the weekends 2 - 3 doubles per day.

Comment

started on the espresso machine making 60ml shots four times a day and today found the joy of a six cup moka pot hehe now i have gone mad first day and have had five large coffee cups straight black whole moka in cup love the taste of stove top coffee and hand ground coffee more coffee in the cup the better helps me sleep

Comment

Haha I remember the feeling well Mr Slurpy in having the full six cups worth stovetop in the one cup. I doubt my mind could handle that non stop though.

Originally posted by 203F123E21383F3D344D0 link=1313120383/7#7 date=1313148164
                  more coffee in the cup the better helps me sleep
                  This I gotta agree with though. I know countless peeps who say that theyd have trouble sleeping by consuming more - I however feel calmer, more reflective by drinking (good!) coffee.

Originally posted by 2B2C392F2234127C7474744D0 link=1313120383/2#2 date=1313124227
                  I dont think how many you drink is the only measure of  obsession here  ;D

I will settle for 1 very good coffee a day rather than 3 bad ones.
                  Agree 100%, not that Im an expert on Measure Theory :P I too would settle for 1 good coffee over 10 bads, but assuming all coffees you make are good I would take 10 goods a day over one...

Comment

With espresso less is more and I think that also translates to the number of coffees had.

Make them really good, and have a few less.

My limit for pleasure is 3 in the morning and none after lunch (not to adversely affect the sleep pattern).

When cupping at work it will normally not be more than 3 or maybe 4 types in a sitting and we do cup and spit. We often repeat and re check so the 3 or 4 become many more easily enough. Too many in a sitting results in fatigue, not just on the palate but from the whole thing, it is time consuming, and there is a point where we decide thats enough.  That is where we are doing all our own prep and cupping. We cup early in the morning and virtually have no coffee after for the day....perhaps one for pleasure a little later.

Note the above is entirely up to the individual roaster, depends on what they are cupping for, and that is just what we at CosmoreX Coffee do. The definition of what constitutes "for pleasure" is also interesting, because we find the process of cupping different things very satisfying in a work related sense and not necessarily any less pleasurable than sipping a standard cappuccino for a bit of "smoko" time, just that it constitutes a different type of pleasure or satisfaction. 

The above is different to when we are sitting on a formal judging panel for example at the Sydney Royal, where we cup much more but all the prep is done by others, we cup and spit only, and when we find an occasional stunner, we tend to polish at least some of it off 

After that, its all up to the individual and their individual contitution and remember...everything in moderation!

Rgdz,
                    A
                    very first CS site sponsor

Comment

Two cups, that is two single shots. I used to drink over 12 cups a day but I stopped when I started to get heart palpitations, moments when I felt my heart stopped.

Comment

anything between 1 and 3, or 4 if I like the coffee place I try that week

usually 1 in the morning and 1 at night, I make the excuse at work and with clients that I only have 1 in the morning and at night otherwise I dont sleep well

because coffee at a client is usually instant or something really awful, as well as the coffee from the auto machine at the office is on par with instant for how bad it is

Comment

2-3 doubles

Comment

Heres the weird thing,

Even though I love coffee Ive been limiting myself to decaf for years because Im such a poor sleeper. Having recently over the last three months resumed drinking between 1 and 2 doubles of the real thing per day (in the am) Im now actually sleeping better than Ive done in ages! Go figure....

Comment

2 long blacks, Fiefys barista comp blend ....It is very hard to find coffee as good as that

If you havent tried it ...you must! 8-)

sometimes a mac or double ristretto latte as well.....usually no more than 3 a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X