Aaaahhhh! No coffee this morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaahhhh! No coffee this morning!

Just blew the group seal in the 3800. Fortunately managed to make the wifes coffee before my own.

I dont like how this weeks turning out already.

Re: Aaaahhhh! No coffee this morning!

Bad Luck. Time to bust out the french press then!

Comment

I wish! The only backup in the house is the waiting-to-be-sold Nespresso. And I couldnt quite bring myself to bust that out again.

Comment

I feel your pain Kelsey.

Give this a try: Hot water in a small milk jug, add a few heaped spoons of ground coffee. Stir for 15 seconds and then let sit for a minute.
        Scrape off the top and put it in your knock box, pour gently into a cup (leaving the sediment) and you are right to go.

Ive made 100s of long blacks this way and with a little practice you will get great results. Simple, camp coffee.

Comment

Thanks Andy! Ill give it a try. My wife has just picked up a new group seal, but the report from home base is that something else also appears to be wrong.....

Comment

Originally posted by 7970607D7D797761120 link=1317680196/2#2 date=1317694178
            The only backup in the house is the waiting-to-be-sold Nespresso. And I couldnt quite bring myself to bust that out again.
            Ouch, feeling your pain!

Comment

Like Andy said, very easy way to get drinkable coffee.

If you really want to step the same method up a notch (I prefer this method), bust out your scales and weigh the coffee and water.

I run 30g of grinds to 250mL (g) water for ease, but Im sure youd be able to find the correct value somewhere for the ideal extraction.

Comment

I think Ill be trying this tomorrow. The repair did not go well.

Comment

Working...
                X