Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fair trade coffeair trade

Gday
    Fair trade coffee. Does such a beast exist? Where do you get it in Victoria? Organic certified? Varietals available and most importantly taste?
    Thank You.

Re: fair trade coffeair trade

Originally posted by la_java_beany link=1154574184/0#0 date=1154574184
    Gday
    Fair trade coffee. Does such a beast exist? Where do you get it in Victoria? Organic certified? Varietals available and most importantly taste?
    Thank You.
    Guys- bean ground & drunk is organic and has just last week been granted fair trade (shh )....

Comment

Try this link:

http://tinyurl.com/kmpwa

It lists cafes that sell Fairtrade. I remember seeing some sort of a poster on a few bus shelters in Sydney promoting Fairtrade, but didnt get to see who was sponsoring it.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by la_java_beany link=1154574184/0#0 date=1154574184
        Gday
        Thank You.
        There is some FT coffee that is OK, but a lot of the stuff that I have tasted has been garbage. Jaspers in Brunswick Street is a major proponent of FT coffee, but there stuff has been stale almost every time that I have ever tasted it.

Personally, Id buy coffee from the few places around that actually do a good job and make donations to a worthwhile concern operating in coffee growing areas, such as Coffee Kids. In the wake of the movie "Black Gold," there are a few cafes and roasters around that are working on ways to get money directly to the cooperatives and farmers for use in improving their farms.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Thanks for the info people. Sorry about delay in responding, just fell off the world for a week or so. I will put my taste buds to the test and get back to you.
          Cheers.

Comment

Just note there is a lot more to fair trade movement coffees than the Fair Trade brand name.

My company for example uses a very large proportion of fair trade movement coffee in all our blends, so the clients are getting it whether they know about it or not. But we dont use Fair Trade brand which is a brand name registered to one of the fair trade movement aid organisations.....we use Rainforest Alliance certified fair trade movement coffees.

Just so ya know, there is a lot more to fair trade than one organisations monopoly over the brand name.

Cant get away from politics, including the "aid organisation coffee politik" hehe!

Regardz,
            FC.

Comment

Working...
            X