Coffee Beans after hours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Beans after hours...

I had a pretty big problem today - it was 6:37pm, I just got a new grinder to test, and since Ive been handicapped equipment wise, Ive got no beans. Now what?

This is becoming an ongoing issue with working full-time (readvertime) all the time...

Re: Coffee Beans after hours...

I think its time to set up home roasting! Its easy and in around 20 minutes from start to finish, you will have freshly roasted beans!

Cheers

Comment

speaking of freshly roasted beans, can someone tell me why we should wait 24-48 hours after roasting for the to de-gas? and is it imperative to do so?

lilmeh, i have to say i agree with artman, get into home roasting, i have literally just started doing it and already i can see the benefits of doing it, also its fun and enjoyable.

Chris

Comment

If I want to grind on the same day, I leave them out. If I am grinding the next day, or two days later, I degass for 8-10 hrs in an open jar or container. NO LONGER. Then seal them up. Otherwise if I am roasting to grind a week later, I bag immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by 252025242C21490 link=1324111971/0#0 date=1324111971
          I had a pretty big problem today - it was 6:37pm, I just got a new grinder to test, and since Ive been handicapped equipment wise, Ive got no beans. Now what?

This is becoming an ongoing issue with working full-time (readvertime) all the time...

Or you could buy online from a site sponsor.
          Good beans there to be had, home delivered, and ordered anytime.

Comment

I was mostly ordering through site sponsor Di Bella until I started home roasting. Provided I order by 9am, its roasted that day and usually shipped in the afternoon. I frequently get my beans the next day, although they do still need a de-gas period.

Most need about 7 to 10 days before theyre settled enough to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by 74585B5E596860370 link=1324111971/4#4 date=1324155990
              Or you could buy online from a site sponsor.
              Good beans there to be had, home delivered, and ordered anytime.
              Ordered is not the same as having :P

Comment

Working...
              X