Triple shot basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple shot basket

Hi all. I did a quick search for this, but couldnt find a definitive answer to what Im asking.

I am looking at getting a triple basket, as I have a larger mug that I like to use every now and then which takes a longer shot (but not two doubles). I dont really want to have to adjust the grind to use a double and a triple. My question is, will a double and triple (Synesso for example), require different grinds?

David

Re: Triple shot basket

They will require different grinds but you can cheap by adjusting dosing and or tamping but not recommended. Also just in case you dont know a tripple wont fit in your standard double or single spout porterfilter becuase it is too deep

Comment

Originally posted by 696E617C393D3D39080 link=1334707576/1#1 date=1334724962
      They will require different grinds but you can cheap by adjusting dosing and or tamping but not recommended. Also just in case you dont know a tripple wont fit in your standard double or single spout porterfilter becuase it is too deep
      Thats why I have a naked portafilter. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Also be aware that the size descriptions vary between basket makes. Eg synesso triple is similar size to the quad basket on beanbay. Some PFs will take a deeper basket, depends on the specific PF, having a naked PF obviously makes it a non issue for you.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X