Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with cleaning coffee machine

hi all
    just bought a restaurant with a nice Magister coffee machine (electric) and have read all of the instructions for cleaning it.
    However I am not sure what backflushing means? Help!
    If so does any one know which button I press for this.
    thank you

Re: help with cleaning coffee machine

Do you have a blind filter? (no holes)

If so put it in the group hangle , lock it into the group head and start a normal pour as if you were making a coffee. When you hear the pump start to strain turn it off and you should hear a pressure release into the tray.

Comment

Originally posted by 4544484A4D464748454D290 link=1336383499/0#0 date=1336383499
      hi all
      just bought a restaurant with a nice Magister coffee machine (electric) and have read all of the instructions for cleaning it.
      However I am not sure what backflushing means?  Help!
      If so does any one know which button I press for this.
      thank you

Welcome to CS Imac.

Youve read all the supplied instructions for cleaning! If its the "Owner Booklet", that would be the ones that say all of "...wipe over with a soft cloth...", but probably dont tell you to remove the drip tray daily and clean all underneath   

Seriously and cutting directly to the chase:

Please ask your coffee supplier for some help with this. Including a lesson for you and your trusted coffee station manager. Be prepared to pay in some way....you dont get nuthin for nuthin.

Unless you have someone showing you the ins and outs of it all,  it will be unlikely that you will work it out properly by yourself.

Additionally, spare a thought for how often you go out and have a nice meal followed by a less that satisfactory coffee, and make close friends with your coffee supplier. You wouldnt put a car in the hands of someone that cant drive, and this is very much the same.

All the very best of luck, and hope that helps.

Comment

Try this link, itll be a good start.

http://www.frcndigital.com/coffee/HowToBackflush.html

Then, as suggested above by someone who really knows his stuff, get some professional help.

Comment

Whos your coffee supplier / roaster / rep?

Id be turning to them as the first point of call to ask them to demonstrate

Id also recommend paying a reputable coffee machine mechanic to come and service the machine properly, as it doesnt sound like its had a lot of love...

ACg

Comment

Welcome Imac,

Please do heed Attilios advice.

I have very few experiences of drinkable coffee in restaurants. Most vary between abysmal and decidedly average.

All sorts of training is required for food, service and alcohol if you want to do it well. Please do invest in training for your coffee staff as well.

The final impression of your place may frequently be the coffee and if its awful, its what your customers will take with them. Too many food establishments seemingly just dont care. 

Comment

Working...
            X