Cups....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cups....

Ok i tried the search function to no avail....

Can any one point me to a supplier for good quality cups please ?

I want wide mouth shallow ....

Cheers..

Re: Cups....

Really depends on your budget.

I quite like my Black ACF Tulip (280ml) which I purchased from sponsor Coffee-A-Roma. ~$95 for 6
    You might prefer the Latte version (picture below).

Then again, Maxwell and Williams make a perfectly servicable basic white for around $5 per cup/saucer.

What do you want? Espresso, small, medium, large, soup bowl?

Comment

Thanks for the reply....

I would like something a bit thicker than the Maxwell williams...

I like the look of yours may try this cheers..

Comment

If you send a detailed request to:
        sitesponsors@coffeesnobs.com.au

Let them know who you are, where you are and how many cups you are looking at and those that have cups will reply direct to you.
        8-)

Comment

Hi Rooeey,
          If you are after wide-mouth, no frills, thicker than Maxwell Williams, commercial grade cups, then maybe have a look at the Duraceram offerings. They are extremely durable, have just the right size lip *and* a handle large enough for adult fingers, look great stacked on your machine and are reasonably priced from hospitality sites at under 3.00 per unit. The ones we have are the 240mL cappuccino cups. A quick search on Mother Internet hasnt yielded any sponsors offering them, so Ive included a link below to the place where we got ours from.

http://www.cheflink.com.au/productcart/pc/Capuccino-Cup-240ml-100p1310.htm

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know where i can get a latte glass with a handle? I only want one rather than a set as we have a billion coffee cups and no space!

Comment

Originally posted by 61776A736077762876706B776C7660050 link=1336622461/5#5 date=1336731410
              Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone know where i can get a latte glass with a handle? I only want one rather than a set as we have a billion coffee cups and no space!
              Depends on what you like. Check out the Bodums: http://www.bodum.com/int/en-us/shop/prodlist/48/

You can sometimes find them individually (or at least a set of 2)... Are you looking for anything in particular?

Comment

Depends on what you like. Check out the Bodums: http://www.bodum.com/int/en-us/shop/prodlist/48/

You can sometimes find them individually (or at least a set of 2)... Are you looking for anything in particular?
                Heya, thanks for the link. I will check it out! No I dont have anything in particular in mind. I just want to be able to see my coffee through a glass and be able to hold it with a handle LOL!!!

Comment

Hi Rooeey,

Been trying to get to your e-mail all day. Big day roasting, and even bigger day tomorrow for a Mothers Day function. So apologies I couldnt get to it sooner.

Try this link for ACF Cups.

http://www.caffesilipo.com.au/Shop_ACF.html

Richard

Comment

Hi,  probably wont help you much but, I use Denby Energy cups (about +/-250ml). They are solid stoneware - staying warm a long time once heated.  Being stoneware, they are pretty tough too; I have had mine since 99 with granite benchtops and have not lost one yet.  They are used a hell of a lot and have no visible signs of fatigue or wear, are thrown in the dishwasher and microwave.  They stopped making them in about 07ish but are still available online.

They are a supremely nice cup to drink from but, were about $50 a crack when I got them so the quality comes at a price.  I have seen them for less on line though.  Most importantly, they are shallow with a very wide mouth.

Comment

Funny - I never saw Latte in a glass until I came to Aus. In NZ they all seem to use soup bowls - except Cezannes in Ponsonby Road (a student-ish cafe) which used a giant soup bowl style cup with a handle for their Jumbo Mochas. (came complete with 2 marshmallows and a chocolate fish, took 15 mins of concerted effort to drink, and left you waddling down the road like a replete wildebeeste... 8-))

Comment

Working...
                      X