Sumatra Mandheling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumatra Mandheling

Any chance of more of this? Its just stunning, suits my taste buds perfectly!
    Rosemary

Re: Sumatra Mandheling

yeah we like it too at 2.5 hours after roasting IMHO its the best coffee we have by far. Its like having a mouth full of earthy coffee/chocolate flavoured velvet. After that it falls of a little but not much.

Its going to be one of the continuous polls that will be running.

So watch the new polls section.

Cheers
    Rich

Comment

Ooh one of my favs. Bring it on!

Comment

Seeming your all answering might I add my vote too

""YES PLEASE!!!!""

FB ;D ;D ;D

Comment

How about the specialty Mandheling that we cupped? gwdcoffee will have all the details its a tad more expencive than the usual one.

the name eludes me at the mo.

Rich

Comment

Put my vote in - I could drink it single origin all year!

Comment

Me also- its a key component of one of my fave blends

Comment

Ill check price, quality and availabilty from the supplier later in the week. Last time I looked the price of high graded Mandheling was nearing $10/kg.... it seems that someone is buying-up large lots from indo and pushing the price-up.

It is a fair bit cheaper for the dirt and rock grade though

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1096670274/0#7 date=1119249256
                  .... it seems that someone is buying-up large lots from indo and pushing the price-up.
                  Javaphile.... is it you?? 8)

Comment

LOL Nope! Its not me! Im not a big fan of the earthy coffees. :-/ Most likely its speculators thinking therell be a shortage due to the tsunami.

Java "Hhhmmm...Beans!" phile
                    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Ahhh.... Tsunami speculation... that might be a good call Javaphile.

I was thinking along the lines of *$ or GloriaJ buying coffee close to Oz.

The Indo and PNG should be cheap here if you take the short distance to freight into account... but it doesnt appear to be any cheaper than the african and south american coffee.

Comment

Add my vote for more sumatra!

I did see posters outside a GJs advretising sumatran coffee as the specialty coffee of the week/month.

Or maybe it was East Timorese. Or was it both, at different times?

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile link=1096670274/0#9 date=1119252530
                          Most likely its speculators thinking therell be a shortage due to the tsunami.
                          Although the tsunami damaged shipping infrastructure, it had no direct impact on the coffee plantations. It is more likely that due to crops in other parts of the world being poor and in higher demand in recent years, big suppliers are building up their stores of Indonesian beans to cover that shortfall.

Comment

Not only did it not impact the plantations, it didnt even affect the coffee shipping as its done on the oposite side of the island from where the tsunami hit. The tsunami had very little impact on the coffee business in Sumatra.

Java "Not from the island" phile
                            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I like it alot as an SO, but dont need anymore, well not just yet anyway, still got 3 kilos to get through ;D.

Boris

Comment

Working...
                              X