Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Label Machines - Brother P-Touch 1000

Hi Guys:

I just bought this machine today from Office Works for $59 on special.

Very impressed. You can store 9 different labels, do two lined labels, labels with different fonts, margins and even special fancy frames. You can also do vertical labels.

I started with the basic Dymo plastic manual labeller and my wife suggested I get something better so the assembled stack of containers in the kitchen would look less tacky!!

It uses TZ label cartridges which are available in a range of sizes (I use 12mm) and an 8m cartridge is about $24.95.

The unit uses 6x AAA batteries so bought a packet of 30 alkalines from Dick Smiths for $14.95.

It is also easy to hold in the hand and is extremely easy and intuitive to use.

Anyway, for you people who require a cheap labeller...

Grant

Re: Label Machines - Brother P-Touch 1000

ummmmm

Does it brew coffee?

Comment

I think the new model coming out soon does!

Comment

I thought Id share with you all fascinating specifications about my new laptop, but then, I remembered, it doesnt make coffee, doesnt roast it, doesnt drink it. Love my new electric blanket, but then, ditto. I could go on ad infinitum.

Comment

Robusto,

Yes, but it is relevant to people who roast coffee as it involves, as I have found out, lots of labelling.

Mind you if I had put it under General Coffee stuff it would probably be more appropriate.

What do you do for labelling all your things then?

Grant

Comment

OK. We might be off topic or in the wrong forum... who cares.
            Im a wild eyed loner at the gates of hell... and I havent even told my parents what time Ill be home!!

I use a small Brother P-Touch 55.
            About 15x8x5 cm and fluro green. Does the job for me.
            Sort of aimed at the young market. I think it was about $30 of Officelurks
            Much like printers, they try to make their money on the labels. I found a website called http://labelshop.shopzone.com.au/ where they seemed to be a lot cheaper.

Comment

Fatboy,

Thanks for the web reference. The Brother PT-1000 is $85 on that website and officeworks has it on sale for $59!!

Here is a pix

I think if anyone is up for a label machine then this might be a genuine bargain.

Grant

Comment

As so rightly pointed out, have moved to more appropriate topic heading.....

Cheers,
                Mal.

Comment

Working...
                X