Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decaf - What to try?

Gday All,

After a few nights staring at the ceiling until the wee hours of the morning after a late night brew Im thinking about buying some decaf beans for the first time. Are there any suggestions as to what to try and what to avoid?. I know taste is a personal thing, but Im open to ideas.

Im hoping to get to the Rocks next week for the Aroma Festival so I thought I might try and pick some up there.

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Decaf - What to try?

If you are talking buying roasted beans, suggest purchasing a Swiss Water Process Decaff coffee.

They decaff a number of diff varieties of coffee but owing to lower turnover of decaff in general, it would be hard to find a roaster from which you can buy a selection to try...most roasters pick a decaff they like and stick with just one variety.

My company has tried a few, and I quite like their guatemala, sumatra, and a thing they call "espresso blend". When we finish the one were using at the moment ( a colombian), well go back to the espresso blend SWP decaff.

Incidentally, the Swiss Water Process company is in Canada, not Switzerland!

Regardz,
    FC.

Comment

Re: Decaf - What to try?

Thanks FC for the heads up!

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Working...
      X