Cleaning stainless steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning stainless steel

With the larger photos on the "new" site, Im able to see more detail and am apalled at the accumulated filth on so many of your stainless machines! I can see those swirly marks around the dials where things have been made worse rather than better. Obviously your professed love for the hardware is less than skin deep! ONLY JOKING!!!
    For your information - I have found that WD-40 is by far the best way to clean stainless steel.
    I am sure that someone will say they dont want their International Roast tasting like a garage, but believe me-give it a go!

Re: Cleaning stainless steel

windex is great too

Comment

I bought some sort of microfiber mit thing this afternoon. I havent used it yet but Ill report back if it is any good. Other than that Ive been using warm water and a soft cloth.

-Stephen-

Comment

Hi All,

Have tried some dry powder stuff made by a mob called "Rena Ware" (make cook-ware, etc) for polishing stainless steel. Works really well but might polish panel art work right off altogether so would have to be careful with that sort of stuff.

They dont seem to have a web presence but have shop fronts in Malls, and major Centres. This is the only reference I could find for them on the web here... http://tinyurl.com/dcwx3.

Cheers,
        Mal.

Comment

I just used an enjo microfibre "Micro-Star" cloth and it did a great job. My wife swears by enjo although I suspect other brands will do the same job. I do like the fact that you just use water with them so no chemical smells around the coffee.

All shiney now!

Cheers
          George

Comment

DOuble thumbs up for Windex. WD-40 and other lubs/corrosion preventers are cleaning by way of swapping humand skin oil for a petroleum based one. Windex has a higher end cut acetone and removes oil completely. FYI.

Boris

Comment

I use a spray called Stainless Steel Sparkle (what else would you call it?) on my machine. Works a brilliantly.  My brother-in-law had a contract cleaning business many years ago and tells me that this product is simply aerosol baby oil, at several times the price.  Ill be giving the baby oil a go once the spray has run out.

(ScootaGals thread resurrection challenge)

Comment

Yep, most proffessional cleaners that I have spoken to swear by baby oil, but can be a problem if you have cats, and its not recommended on things that get hot as it runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boldor link=1121808257/0#7 date=1173417041
                  Yep, most proffessional cleaners that I have spoken to swear by baby oil, but can be a problem if you have cats, and its not recommended on things that get hot as it runs.
                  What is the story with baby oil and cats?

Comment

Originally posted by grendel link=1121808257/0#8 date=1173417466

The story is with cat hair flying through the air it sticks to the baby oil and makes a fine mess. Especially if you have persians. This assumes that you are a responsible cat owner and keep them indoors at night to protect the native wildlife....

Comment

And dont have them shaved annually like we do. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Boldor link=1121808257/0#9 date=1173417688
                        Originally posted by grendel link=1121808257/0#8 date=1173417466

The story is with cat hair flying through the air it sticks to the baby oil and makes a fine mess. Especially if you have persians. This assumes that you are a responsible cat owner and keep them indoors at night to protect the native wildlife....
                        Here I was imagining the cats eating the baby oil or something

Thanks for the enlightenment; wouldnt be good at my house my dogs (border collie) hair flies around and makes its way into the most unlikely places.

Juls

Comment

The spray oil words ok at my place and I have 3 cats and a dog (lots of fun keeping their hair of my chefs clothes). You only use a little, with paper towels, so pretty much all of it is wiped off again, along with all the fingerprints.

Comment

Windex (or equivalent thereof) and microfibre....Giottos best friend!

Comment

Cool, will test it out.

Ive had hair all over my clothes as well; not to mention it mysteriously appearing in my homemade pasta, birthday cards, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X