Wont be doing THAT again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wont be doing THAT again

Just started a new job back in CBD of Melbourne.
    Now, I havent worked in the city for over 4 years, so a lot has changed.
    Being new to the company, I didnt bring all the coffee stuff in right away. I thought Id ease into it in my 2nd or 3rd week.

Yesterday, out of caffeinne withdrawal and desparation, I decided to go and grab a coffee nearby. Fairly close is a Hudsons. I thought "Well, it wont be great, but itll do".
    Large latte ordered.
    Whilst waiting, read the blurb how one of their staff was voted favourite barista in VIC.
    No wait - it wasnt their staff member - it was from another store.
    Oh, and also, favourite barista in VIC only within their chain of stores.
    Wonder what compelled people to vote - Whats that? You go into the running for a years free coffee if you vote.

So, the steam seems to have been going for QUITE a while now. He stops, brings the 1 litre jug into view. Full to the brim. Bubble bath foam on top. Heated beyond proper temp (I discovered when I grabbed the cup). Probably cos he was going to use this to make the next 3 orders that came in and they might be a few minutes away.

He gets the spoon out to pour - never a good sign. He pours, I grimace, accept the coffee and leave.

Yes - it tasted every bit as good as it sounds.

BLECCCHH.

Re: Wont be doing THAT again

oh YUCK!!!

When I was in Melbourne for the Airshow (2005) I took a visit to Hudsons... what a waste of time and money... was absolutely disgusting...!!!

I feel your pain!

Comment

Try Headquarters (base of the Optus building)...Simon James- Latte art wizard -works there (lanky guy ) or Sam I am (coffee cart cnr of Collins and Elizabeth)

2mcm

Comment

Thank you sir. Will do.

Also sent you a PM on another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1158729549/0#2 date=1158734787
          Try Headquarters (base of the Optus building)...Simon James- Latte art wizard -works there (lanky guy ) or Sam I am (coffee cart cnr of Collins and Elizabeth)

2mcm
          Yep. Simon is awesome. Photo of his awesomeness attached. Is he still teaching latte art at William Angliss, Chris?

Belinda from Sam I Am placed 2nd in the VBC.

In addition, squisito bar in the QV complex are sometimes OK, as is Octane on McKillop lane. I gather that theyre opening another store in the QV complex this week, so it should be interesting to check out. Ill give them a months grace to settle in.

Still, the city is really crying out for an AWESOME espresso bar ...

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

now that i am a melbsider, and the brewtus doesnt have a new home just yet, i too am having to brave the Melb. CBD for coffee... although i am in southbank, so any advice for coffee there??? i noticed one place using Veneziano, had my usual strong flat white, and while it was OK, wasnt fab.... too hot for one, never a good sign.

so, any others i should try?

Comment

In the middle of a large flat white from headquarters - very nice indeed.
              Just the ticket for the afternoon craving (my plunger supplies were depleted).

Thanks for the recommendation Chris.

Comment

Working...
              X