Fav coffee equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fav coffee equipment

Well I have been reading the posts and thought I might put up a topic to see what people love most second to their coffee machine. I want to see if there is a common thread as to what Csers love and why. Ill even go first.

I love my Grindenstein . Why? Because it makes things so convenient when I am making multiple coffees in quick succession, saving me heaps of time. No more walking to the sink, washing and having grounds everywhere ;D.

Your turn. What do you love and why?

Re: Fav coffee equipment

I guess the grinder is out?

Non-coffee related I love my bike... semi avid mountain biker. Good way to work off those high caffeine coffee buzzes that occur from a strong bean.

Grant

Comment

Hhhmmm....my Gothot I think would have to top the list. Big surprise huh? ;D

Non-coffee I guess it would be either my computers or my letterpress printing equipment.

All of these of course coming in a far distant 2nd to my kid.

Java "Roasting up a storm" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Hmm ... good question. Ill also presume that the grinder is out.

I love my pallo coffee tool. Painless, easy cleaning in transparent lime green!

My Greg Pullman tamper has provided me with years of faithful service, in chequerboard.

My old Maltitude cups; sentimentality + perfect shape for latte art (even though the volume is too great for me to use).

... not doing a good job narrowing it down, am I?!

Cheers,

L

Comment

My white Lavazza espresso cups. I bought them when I saw them displayed in a box in a shop window 22 years ago. My disappointment was immense when I got them home, peeled away the clear plastic window of the box and discovered they were...... Arcopal! (Doh - I really though they were ceramic!  :-[)
          But they have been used everyday since, still look new and are practically indestructible.

I also like my two thick white ACF espresso cups that Ive used over a dozen years, and a set of little Illys for "special" occasions.

oh yeh -  non-coffee item would have to be BROADBAND  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Well, not including the wife, the dog and keeping it non coffee related, I have to say driving the Volvomus 850 Sports wagon. Cheap thrills..... ;D

Coffee related, um well all of it. Machine and grinder aside, the stand is a god send for giving the extra height and convienient storage. I keep the cleaning gear in there the bean scoop, screwdiver for the showerscreen, extra (now redundant) PF and basket and beak. The tamper the father in law had made is invaluable, and even the compact design knock box is growing on me.

Boris

Comment

I think Id have to narrow it down to my Sunbeam bang bang closely followed by my 58mm stainless steel tamp. The bang bang really made life a lot easier when it arrived. No more assulting the kitchen bin then having to dig out the basket after it fell in (hot hot). However if non-tangible items can be included then Id rate this site as by far the best piece of equipment that could accompany my machine  

Matt

Comment

MY VPH1253QM CRT Projector  8-)

My HT and Coffee habits really scare the missus.....

Comment

Bet I have an older Crt Projector than that, an old Thorn floor mount Cabinet in Faux woodgrain with a seperate Curved Screen that I tried to wash with the pressure washer and lost the Mylar film from, Never mind its still been used to watch the Footy on the odd occasion, just a pain to hook up all the peripherals.. works about 85% quality..

Tepin

Comment

hmmmm, the question was aimed at coffee equipment other than the machine itself but what the hey....I love my guitar ALOT!!!! Other than sipping coffee like a posh snob I really enjoy playing the guitar......... I guess its my release after a hard day of teaching darling kids how to play sport.

Comment

Thermo-glass shot-glasses are my favourite coffee things at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X