SCAA Coffee Tasters Flavor Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAA Coffee Tasters Flavor Wheel

I decided to buy an SCAA Coffee Tasters Flavor Wheel poster at just $12 USD from the SCAA shop http://www.scaa.org. It would be a bargain, except for the $63 USD shipping cost. Does anybody stock these and other SCAA gear here in Australia?

Re: SCAA Coffee Tasters Flavor Wheel

Im interested to know how the postage went up if you ordered more than one poster..... Id be interested in sharing the cost around if that helps, as Ive wanted one of these for a while. Perhaps if we drum up enough interest here we can do an Aussie distribution?

Comment

A fine idea. I experimented with quantities on their site...

All costs are $USD:
      1 = $61.88
      2 = $70.88 ($35.44 ea.)
      3 = $80.44 ($26.81 ea.)
      4 = $89.44 ($22.36 ea.)
      [...]
      10 = $145.69 ($14.56 ea.)
      [...]
      20 = $220.22 ($11.01 ea.)

The shipping becomes quite reasonable in quantities of 10. Obviously, the exchange rate and local distribution costs would need to be factored in, but it looks like it would be worthwhile...

Steve.

Comment

Hmmm..I dont know if I could handle putting that poster on the wall with the word Flavor staring at me. I wonder if they produce one that uses the Queens english? :P

Comment

Perhaps we could approach AASCA and ask them if theyre interested in licensing the wheel and adapting it for use in English speaking countries outside America... :-)

Comment

please use a small amount of liquid paper Matt, that is all one needs.

I originally said "bit of liquid paper, shell be right" but then thought I should review that.....

Geez, its still pretty steep isnt it. Is that the "total cost" or just the cost of postage for those quantities? But yeah Id be up for that if we can get 10+.

Im Sydney based, so can handle redistro from here, if that helps.

cmon folks, get on board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thats just the shipping cost. Posters extra. The posters are cheaper if youre a member of the SCAA ($9 vs. $12)... Perhaps someone here is? Sydneys probably a good central point of distribution, depends on the location of the majority of takers.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G link=1143691102/0#3 date=1143694817
                Hmmm..I dont know if I could handle putting that poster on the wall with the word Flavor staring at me. I wonder if they produce one that uses the Queens english? :P
                Hmmmm.. I reckon it would depend on the color and what fiber they used in the paper

Comment

Dry sense of humor, lochness... ;-)

Comment

It cant seriously cost $63 US postage...

Maybe a CS member based in the States could forward them on to us using a more standard postal method. Im looking at you Java  

Comment

Just send the cheques to...

Comment

The other bit

Comment

Originally posted by Framey link=1143691102/0#9 date=1143698070
                          It cant seriously cost $63 US postage...

Maybe a CS member based in the States could forward them on to us using a more standard postal method. Im looking at you Java
                          I can do that. Any idea of the weight for a dozen of them and the size of the tube?

Java "Postmaster" phile
                          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Good on ya Java,
                            Perhaps Etienne could answer the dimension questions?

Ive had golf clubs posted out from the USA and they can get expensive if the package is over a certain length, something around 42 inches from memory...? Perhaps if the tube is particularly long the postage could be high, but still seems crazy.

Comment

The poster is 24 inches by 36 inches. Thats all the dimensional information on their site.

Comment

Working...
                              X