• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody

Hello, how is everyone today?

Re: Hi everybody

I am absolutely buggered today!

I did a 7 hour stint today behind the machine (coffee of course!) as everyone in town wanted something or other to drink. It all began at 9am this morning and I didnt finish up until four thirty! And that was just the drinks! The other girls were flat out as well doing food orders and what not. I think I must have loaded the dishwasher about four times today. I know that in one hour I filled the knockbox with coffee cakes!

Anyway, Im glad its the weekend...

Comment

After being stuck behind a desk staring at a screen for over 8 hours I often wish I was behind an espresso machine pulling shots instead. I wonder if people who are stuck behind an espresso machine 8 hours a day would prefer to be behind a desk?

Doubt it

Matt

Comment

I wonder whether they get to sample the merchandise. That, of course, may be a good --or puntitive--- thing!

Robusto

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G link=1144345730/0#2 date=1144492268
          After being stuck behind a desk staring at a screen for over 8 hours I often wish I was behind an espresso machine pulling shots instead. I wonder if people who are stuck behind an espresso machine 8 hours a day would prefer to be behind a desk?

Doubt it

Matt

Hehe. Can I just say, as one of those who stands behind the espresso machine that I dont wish I was at the desk instead!! And last Friday I did a 7 hour stint too. Was tired but didnt mind it at all really!

And yeah, I sample the merchandise occasionally. You need to if you are wanting to make sure that what you are pulling in the way of coffee actually tastes good and not bad!!

Comment

If its not too rude to ask, Scoota gal, do you swallow?

I mean, is it like wine-tasting where you spit it out to avoid over-dosing.

Robusto

Comment

No its not a rude question Robusto!!

I dont spit! I just take enough of a mouthful to know that the coffee is still sweet and not too bitter. If the bitterness hits the front of my tounge straight up I know Ive got to change or clean something!! I then usually follow it with a drink of water. The little bit of caffiene that I might get, goes through my body pretty quickly anyway!!

Comment

Working...
              X